ATI extensions in 9.2.1

Posted by: yoyo52

ATI extensions in 9.2.1 - 10/12/01 11:02 PM

I finally got around to reinstalling 9.2.1 on my G4, and remembered why I'd reverted to 9.1 a couple of months ago. I tried to play some Diablo II and once again the game just ground to a halt. This time, though, I thought I'd play around with the extensions before I did anything else, and so I replaced all of the ATI extensions installed by the 9.2.1 installer with the older ATI extensions that had been in the 9.1 set. It worked. Diablo now plays as well in 9.2.1 as it did on 9.1. <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: johnengler

Re: ATI extensions in 9.2.1 - 10/17/01 09:11 PM

cool, yoyo... thanks for the tip <br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: ATI extensions in 9.2.1 - 02/23/02 04:09 PM

I don't use Diablo. I am not much of a games person .. I prefer to fiddle creating new houses in Glider Pro rather than actually play games.<br>However.. I do use scrollability and I noted this.. when I used 9.1, that the 9.2 ATI extension set, used in 9.1 .. did stop all the mouse flicker and allowed me to have greater control of scrollability in dialog boxes. Oh and for those who don't want the red icon in menu bar.. and you don't really want to use the control panel.. just disable the file named ATI Extension.<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================