%#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$

Posted by: starmillway

%#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$ - 02/27/08 01:00 PM

Man! That really pizzes me off!<br><br>I thought it was just happening in Safari but it happens isn Firefox too.<br><br>I get a notification in Mail that someone here has responded to a post I made. In the email I click on the link to take me to that response.<br><br>Well, %#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$ !!<br><br>Yes, it takes me to the post. But when I go to the index of that Lounge/Soapbox/Tech, ALL fricken threads/posts are marked READ! There could have been 200 UNread posts but they are all marked read.<br><br>Bump!!<br><br>This is when Bump feature comes in handy. I just read first post, and then go 'next', next, next until I have read all that are 'new' to me. If it was not for Bump, those threads could be intermingled all over the index.<br><br>Thanks for Bump, which I love. <br><br>-*-*-*-*-<br><br>So most of the time I do not clink the links in the email I get because of that. If I miss a response, I'm sorry.<br><br>It happened at McCentral forums too<br><br>aapl up a little today at closing. I'm getting ready to buy a teensy bit more. . . <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: ScoutX

Re: %#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$ - 02/27/08 05:22 PM

Your "shift" key is stuck too, Kate. <br><br>Who serves his fellows, is of his fellows greatest - Chingachgook (by legend) <br><br>Scout
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: %#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$ - 02/27/08 05:27 PM

%#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$<br><br> <br><br><br>

Re: %#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$ - 02/27/08 06:17 PM

Harumph! You never ever spoke to me that way before . . . <br><br><br>[sad]<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: %#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$ - 02/27/08 06:41 PM

hmmm, i'd never ever considered using the email me when a response comes to a thread. i think i used it on the Apple discussion forums many years ago to a topic i posted and it ended up getting 200 some responses or something and i was overwhelmed. <br><br>anyway, here's what i'd recommend . . . you save your %#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$s for next Tuesday when the election results are announced. <br><br>

Re: %#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$ - 02/27/08 06:50 PM

<blockquote>hmmm, i'd never ever considered using the email me when a response comes to a thread.</blockquote><br><br>Me either!<br><br>I just request notice when someone responds to a post I've made . . . <br><br>Although, over at JimD's forum, I have a trip wire just outside the web page of his forum. If anyone even comes NEAR it, I get an email notice . . . <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: %#@$#@%$#@&#&^$&%(*^(&&%^#^%@$%#@^#$ - 02/28/08 05:01 AM

Save me some typing, just re-read one of the many past posts about getting NEW FORUM SOFTWARE! <br><br><a href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/TheGraphicMac/~6/1">[img]http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheGraphicMac.1.gif" alt="The Graphic Mac: OSX & design community" style="border:0[/img]</a><br><br>