Neooffice

Posted by: Leslie

Neooffice - 12/25/07 07:10 PM

I have created a database in Neooffice and am not too proud to ask<br>"how the hell do I print the damn thing"?<br>Know everyone is busy so will do some research but if anyone<br>has the quick answer, that would be great.<br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Neooffice - 12/25/07 09:00 PM

If you find the answer, let us know. I had the same problem.<br>Database in Appleworks printed fine. Same database in NeoOffice just wasted a bunch of paper so I gave up.<br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>

Re: Neooffice - 12/25/07 09:41 PM

Yea. It is complicated. I fluked one perfect printing and then added some info to the data base and tried again with no luck. Will let you know if I "get lucky" again. <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 04:20 AM

I haven't ever created a database in NeoOffice. What version are you running and do you have all the patches? I think it's up to 6 now.<br><br>There is a forum for NeoOffice support: http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=7<br><br>my photos

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 06:37 AM

Running Neooffice 2.2.2 Patch 6<br>Will try the support.<br><br>

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 06:41 AM

I did read something there about read only database? do a search of database print<br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 06:49 AM

I know it prints because, as I mentioned, I got lucky yesterday and it worked great. It has to be copied to a text document or spreadsheet.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 08:43 AM

Wow. And you guys actually continue to use this software? I mean if something as simple as printing is hard to figure out, I don't want anything to do with the app. Are there alternatives (free)?<br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 08:58 AM

Neooffice is free and quite good. Finally got to print what I wanted. The app offers a whole hell of a lot and I did not take the time to fully research all options and info.<br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 10:02 AM

I was mistaken. It was a spreadsheet, not a database, from NeoOffice that I was trying to print without success. I couldn't make a database...without a pencil. <br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 10:21 AM

NeoOffice is a great app for free! Opens up any type of document, except for Pages<br><br>my photos
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 11:07 AM

It even opens MS Works documents, which is a miracle.<br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;

Re: Neooffice - 12/26/07 11:10 AM

It really is a great app.<br>The only trouble I have with it is my own impatience. <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Neooffice - 12/28/07 09:32 PM

With the spreadsheet open, use your mouse to highlight all the cells you want to print. Click File > Print > Preview. Check the box next to Suppress output of empty pages and Print only selected sheets. Click OK. When it asks if you want to print the selection or the entire document, choose Selection. That way you get to see what is going to print before you decide if you want to print it. Ink is expensive! <br><br>I don't know about databases in NeoOffice, though. I would assume, however, that you'd set up a report first, by using queries, and then use the same "preview" process to be sure of what you're going to wind up with before actually telling it to print. The database program I use at work gives me the options, once I've set up my reports, to print to various other formats such as pdf, spreadsheet, text, etc... I like to use the spreadsheet data format so that I can sort it easily.<br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Neooffice - 12/28/07 10:34 PM

The Base module in NeoOffice is not very good yet - as NeoOffice is a mac port of OpenOffice, and the OOo Base module is still in its infancy. The OOo v3 Base module is going to be more teenage and less infant-like (is that encouraging?) and NeoOffice will be jumping straight from v2.2 to v3 sometime in the new year, as the OOo versions 2.3 and 2.4 were quite buggy, apparently.<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Neooffice - 12/29/07 06:40 AM

Yes, I still need Microsoft Office for getting real work done, unfortunately. However, I did make a small monetary donation to the NeoOffice project after it was the only app that would open a file I needed. Neo isn't perfect, but I like to have it around for situations like that. <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Neooffice - 12/29/07 10:31 AM

To my surprise, I've found that Apple iWork fills my needs nearly 100% of the time. I have yet to even open MS Office on my computer in many months.<br><br>Granted, I don't work in an "MS Office" type of environment, but still....<br><br>The Graphic Mac for your Mac and graphics news, tips and more.

Re: Neooffice - 12/30/07 10:23 AM

Looking forward to that.<br>The database cannot be printed directly from the db module. It has be exported to a ss or word document and that was the tricky part. Got it to a ss and was then able to manipulate from there.<br><br>