cd burner freezing

Posted by: gnfnr2k

cd burner freezing - 09/28/01 08:03 PM

sometimes when i try to burn a cd-r my mac will freeze, can someone please explain why. I thought it might be a conflict some where but i m not sure. <br><br>
Posted by: bdog

Re: cd burner freezing - 09/28/01 08:32 PM

Toast kept crashing my iMac, but not my iBook when it was "finishing" the burn. So I trashed the toast prefs on the iMac, and hope it helped. I still haven't tested it though, cause I use my iBook much more then my iMac.<br><br>--John Bailey( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>Email Me ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com

Re: cd burner freezing - 09/29/01 08:22 AM

yeah that happened to me a few times too, it will be buring a song or finishing up and the little timer wont count down, it will just be stuck on a number. So i guess its toast then.<br><br>

Re: cd burner freezing - 09/29/01 08:19 PM

Just tested it today, and trashing the prefs worked! Yea!<br><br>--John Bailey( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>Email Me ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com

Re: cd burner freezing - 09/29/01 08:45 PM

What pref do i trash, or should i say where is the pref that i trash.<br><br>

Re: cd burner freezing - 09/30/01 11:14 AM

Well, the file is named "Roxio Toast Prefs". And of course, it is in the "Preferences" .<br><br>--John Bailey( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>Email Me ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: cd burner freezing - 10/18/01 11:18 AM

I have found that the burn speed seriously affects Toast's stability. Try burning at 4x and see what happens. Also, if you're dubbing a music CD, try ripping the audio off first (onto your hard drive) and burning the CD from this audio. The hard drive reads much more quickly than your CD ROM and will facilitate a faster burn rate.<br><br>