.NEF ?

Posted by: garyW

.NEF ? - 03/06/07 03:15 PM

How do I get a .NEF (Nikon D1 NEF document) into photoshop?<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: .NEF ? - 03/06/07 04:01 PM

I don't have a Nikon so I can't say if this will work.<br>http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=326616<br><br>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/06/07 04:25 PM

Not working in CS1<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: .NEF ? - 03/06/07 04:28 PM

Wild guess: Did you try just changing the file extension to .tif or .jpg?<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: .NEF ? - 03/06/07 04:46 PM

This is pretty obvious, but do you have to import it as Raw? You could always convert it with preview to a TIFF and import that.<br><br>
Posted by: Moderator

Re: .NEF ? - 03/06/07 04:56 PM

You have CS? That's what I have.<br><br>You can convert the NEF files to dng files if you want but the Adobe Camera Raw converter should do it.<br><br>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/06/07 05:05 PM

Everyone else gives new people fruitbaskets, so I made you this bunt cake instead. Welcome.<br><br><br><br>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/06/07 05:58 PM

Converting to .dng (Adobe DNG convertor) allowed it to open in RAW and then saved as tif. Thanks for that!<br><br>None of the other recommendations worked, the .NEF file could not be recognized as an item to select, or else it only opened the very low res pict preview of the file.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: .NEF ? - 03/07/07 12:25 AM

What on earth is a 'bunt' cake?<br><br>- padmavyuha (in merrie Engelande)<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/07/07 04:06 AM

Baseball players eat them all the time. <br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: .NEF ? - 03/07/07 07:08 AM

Try updating Photoshop. It's possible that the .nef file you have is in a newer version than your current installation supports. you may need to specifically update Adobe Camera Raw.<br><br>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/07/07 07:13 AM

Yes, plus they can slip one over the top of the bat to give it a little weight while they warm up.<br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: .NEF ? - 03/07/07 08:07 AM

Bundt Cake<br><br>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/07/07 08:15 AM

Ah, but can you toss a football through one? <br><br>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/07/07 08:30 AM

Oh, you mean kugelhopf! Tasty - though the idea of it being a 'breakfast food' sounds more American than teutonic, I have to say... my gran used to make these, but her (kosher) recipe was for chocolate and masses of ground walnut, which tastes fab when it's a bit scorched - sau geil!<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/08/07 12:06 AM

<br>Breakfast food?<br><br>Do you mean in reference to the term "Coffee Cake"?<br><br>We drink coffee around the clock here, not just for breakfast.<br>Although you can enjoy Bundt cakes WITH coffee, sweet cake to <br>offset the bitterness of coffee (and to buffer the acid) is grand<br>but Bundt type cakes are not what we consider traditional<br>"Coffee Cake" <br><br>It's kind of like saying, <br>"All tigers are cats, but not all cats are tigers" <br>...if you take my meaning.<br><br>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/08/07 02:30 AM

Nay, it's the kugelhopf page that says:<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Kugelhopf is a yeast cake from Alsace, generally baked in a tall circular form pan. Originally the pan was made of enameled pottery. The circular shaped loaf is similar to a Bundt cake. Today often a metal pan shaped in this way can be used to make the loaf.<br>It normally contains seedless raisins and kirschwasser and is topped with almonds. It is usually eaten as a breakfast food or at a coffee break.<p><hr></blockquote><p>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: .NEF ? - 03/08/07 08:40 AM

<br>I've had that, I can get it at the International Super Market in which <br>I shop at to supplement what I can pick up the regular foods readily <br>available here in the North Eastern (New York/New Jersey) Area.<br><br>mmm Yes, I've had the light yeast cake you've described. I love both <br>the crushed walnuts but particular the mini bitter sweet chips.<br><br>Wonder of wonders! I was finally able to find LYLE'S Golden Syrup<br>So yesterday I got to bake my first authentic ANZAC Bikkies! <br><br>At this moment I'm preparing Italian Pastries to have with dinner.<br>My version of Cannolis; Mascarpone prepared with Honey & Countreu <br>in Filo Shells.<br><br><br><br>