Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please!

Posted by: Zugzwump

Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 06:06 AM

Cannot believe the trouble I had getting the evaluation of this up to run, with no help from the makers. It's kinda put me off wanting to part with the big cash payout to keep it running, but after all my effort to get it to work and eventually getting it to connect my old mac to a pc I was wondering if anyone could pass me on the license key, if they have it? There's very little OS 9 friendly softwware out there these days so I'd very grateful if someone can point me in the right direction for it if nothing else.<br><br>Ta!<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 06:23 AM

Hold it, hold it . . . let me be the first to rush to break the law for someone who is a complete and total stranger.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: steveg

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 08:17 AM

But I thought you have a judge in your pocket... <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 08:37 AM

Please refer to my comments in the same thread you posted in the lounge.<br><br>Oh wait, you're a complete fu[i][/i]cking idiot and probably didn't think to check there so I'll repeat it here:<br><br>You want a P2P network or a software piracy site. This aint either. Piss off turd breath!<br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.
Posted by: Pete

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 10:16 AM

GHSE-GO-45TY-FU7CK-PI96-YOUR-33RM-SELF-55TN<br><br>Hope that helps! <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 10:20 AM

I JUST TRIED IT AND IT WORKS!!! <br><br>THANX!<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 10:21 AM

Is that why you need the toilet paper? <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 10:58 AM

Don't ask, wiseguy. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 01:15 PM

I don't think giving him the code for the MS Vista beta was a nice thing to do!<br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 01:23 PM

Whoops, my bad. Take out the '7'. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 01:28 PM

Man, for a grand master you have the turn of phrase of a complete lowlife. My request may or may not be unethical but I suspect even the manufacturer would tell me 'where to go' with a little more grace. As it was a friend recommended this site, as one of the more friendly. I imagine several other members who read my post, thought my request a bit of an affront, but they didn't have to vent spleen, or in your case spew [censored] over this thread. The real grandmasters probably thought: she can go feck herself and kept it right there: as a thought, and didn't bother to reply. Only one person managed to control himself and tell me off with any real decency. You think because you express yourself like scum, anything you say has any effect on me, other than to offend? I wasn't out to offend anyone here. And I didn't expect this kind of poison. It's members like you that let this site down.<br><br>Do you actually have any friends? Or do you just feel it is better to live life online like some kind of toilet brained Avenging Angel!<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 01:37 PM

I can only suggest you look at my above reply to a similarly angry arse brain. Only one person had the sense to espress their anger at me in a way that I could feel ashamed. The rest of you are just foul mouthed twats whose anger at my request can only suggest you must have written the program and that some how I am taking bread out of your childrens mouths. Oh no, you didn't? Then [censored] me get a life and find something REAL to get angry about!<br><br>Your life's out there somewhere waiting for you to kick the [censored] out of it! But it isn't really here... is it?????<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 01:41 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I can only suggest you look at my above reply to a similarly angry arse brain. Only one person had the sense to espress their anger at me in a way that I could feel ashamed. The rest of you are just foul mouthed twats whose anger at my request can only suggest you must have written the program and that some how I am taking bread out of your childrens mouths. Oh no, you didn't? Then [censored] me get a life and find something REAL to get angry about!<br><br>Your life's out there somewhere waiting for you to kick the [censored] out of it! But it isn't really here... is it?????<p><hr></blockquote><p>Um... who's got the foul mouth? <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 01:51 PM

The funniest thing about this thread is that after reading Gizmo's reply he yelled at Pete (and me)!! <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 01:58 PM

Turd breath is a fine phrase, sir, a very fine phrase. <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 03:35 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to make an avatar out of it. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 04:03 PM

Don't go there, Trog, don't go there!<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 05:13 PM

The funniest thing about this thread is that after reading Gizmo's reply he yelled at Pete (and me)!! <br><br>Jeez, and I gave him a working key code too! <br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 05:17 PM

I just keep using it over and over and over...<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 05:38 PM

Guilt by association. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/19/06 05:51 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I just keep using it over and over and over...<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>We still talking about the toilet paper, or . . . . ???<br><br><br><br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 03:31 AM

Steve, do you actually READ these posts? Or is it your mission just to be a smart arse on this site (-smart arse, whilst being derrogatory, is not actually an expletive). There is a difference between using language expressively and being plain foul-mouthed and aggressive. 'Smart arse' may well be fine between you little boys who need to practise the classroom antics you should have got out of your system by now, but do me a favour next time you address a post from me and try actaully showing you have READ IT by addressing the points made. I was saying something beyond the expleteives I felt forced to use by way of getting you to even look at the post. But now I know I have your attention, let me try again: the way you handled my initial post, whatever it's content, lets this site down. Some of you who pretend to have some kind of status beyond technical use should be ashamed at the way you project yourself and in the way you deal with newbies on this site. You think that by swearing at me I learn anything from you clowns? Actually, there is a plus side to this for me: I have to write an article about forum behaviour ( for which I will be paid!), and you've proved that as grades go, that there is a sink estate quality to this forum created by posts like yours. Expect a mention boys! So, all this anger and aggression may yet benefit me. I hope some of this made sense to you this time, but then I don't expect you to understand any of this, or even to glance it, unless it is peppered with swear words. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 04:16 AM

Oooooooooooo! Do we get a cut of your stipend, Hemingway. I mean, jeez, if we've given you all this fodder for your next Pulitzer, dontcha think we deserve a little commish?<br><br>Hmmm... "arse", "whilst", "behaviour", and that I'm so much smarter than you Yanks 'tude. Methinks me sees a pattern here...<br><br>Rant on Zugzy. You're giving us quite a bit o' material, too! I'm seeing a paperback at least. A made-for/based on TV miniseries. Action figures perhaps?<br><br>Yeah, baby. Gonna get that project started just as soon as I finish beating my dog and convincing W to trash the software copyright laws.<br><br>Ta...<br><br>P.S. Since you're such an authority on how one should address another, and forum behavior and all: when you start a post with someone's name, try replying directly to said person instead of a post or two down the thread. Otherwise, we elementary school ruffians get soooooooo confused. Trog's gonna think his name is Steve now. <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 06:13 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>As it was a friend recommended this site, as one of the more friendly. I imagine several other members who read my post, thought my request a bit of an affront, but they didn't have to vent spleen, or in your case spew [censored] over this thread. The real grandmasters probably thought: she can go feck herself and kept it right there: as a thought, and didn't bother to reply.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Apologies to you for the very few negative replies that you have received as the rest of the grandmasters were out back still pummeling the last person who broke the rules.<br><br>Lemmee see, Grandmaster rule #1: If a new member posts on his or her very post a query so as to lie, cheat, or steal, the Grandmasters must within 24 hours post a reply asking this new member to go fu[/i]ck himself or herself vigorously. (If herself, pics confirming a deed well done will be requested.)<br><br>So let me fix my end of the bargain:<br><br>Zugzwump, you need to go back where you came from and go fu[i]ck yourself. Since the place you return to is likely a community and or platform that allows or even encourages your thievery of services you might find yourself in more comfortable surroundings. Teach your children to cheat and steal as you do and the rest of your life will be more pleasant than if you stay here. But don't expect many visits at the old folk's home.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 06:42 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>Hmmm... "arse", "whilst", "behaviour", and that I'm so much smarter than you Yanks 'tude. <br>Methinks me sees a pattern here...<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>Does that mean that "the little light" finally came on? <br><br>That all the ridicule you've heaped upon treebeard as being a "Pseudo Intellectual blah blah blah"<br><br>...is as I'd repeatedly pointed out on a number of occasions, that it's just the way they speak there?<br><br>There's British, there's American and there's Australian. While technically they all speak "ENGLISH", <br>in reality there are vast differences between them culturally, with their educational standards, their <br>attitudes, their sense of humor, ...AND their temperment...<br><br>To ridicule them based on how they speak is no different than making fun of any one else from another <br>country & culture, on the grounds that they don't speak, spell, or use "proper grammar" that meets<br>with YOUR standards is not only small-minded but also extremely RUDE, and yes, a disservice <br>to ANY forum as a whole.<br><br><br><br>OK, The person made an improper request, but as they point out, that's no reason to trounce a newbie<br>rather than simply telling them that this isn't a forum that deals in or approves of software piracy.<br><br> <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 06:50 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>Since the place you return to is likely a community and or platform that allows or even encourages your thievery of services you might find yourself in more comfortable surroundings.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>May I point out that if "where they came from encouraged such things"...<br><br>...that they wouldn't be here, making the same request that they OBVIOUSLY also denied. <br>(albeit somewhat more politely). <br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 07:32 AM

I meant "where you come from" not in a physical sense, I would never slander an actual physical community with a blanket statement, (I know a few people in London who are not as[i][/i]sholes ) I meant in the internet sense. A simple search shows Zugwump only frequents PC forums. I can use a blanket statement on that community. As to why he or she has to come here that would be obvious. There is not one person honest enough to cough up the cash for the program so that all the others could "borrow" the pass code. Thus the fishing trip here.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 11:56 AM

<br>kewl <br><br>
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 12:28 PM

" Hmmm... "arse", "whilst", "behaviour" "<br><br>I must say Steve, you act as if he (or she) is just using these words to spite you. He's just spelling them. If he hadn't spelled these words thusly, I guess you would have had to comment on his attitude w/o mentioning his non-Yank ness, no?<br><br>Maybe Zug-whatever was just posting here cuz he realized he had no Mac forum material to work with so he came here to stir some up. I feel so used. . I don't believe he expected a positive reception. Ignoring him would have been too good a waste of thread material.<br><br>I remember the first time I posted here was to ask how the ownership of a Music Store purchased MP3 worked with changing one's hardware and my first response was a long line of HAHA's from the ever congenial Bryan. I explained that I was sorry for my ignorance and that we don't even have the Music Store in Japan yet, and he gave me an informative/useful reply. I checked out the Soapbox for the hell of it and have been trying to get out ever since.<br><br>And I guess now I am back in the Mac Local section and have come full circle. I must be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome...I am almost ready to turn around and go right back in..... <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lanovami on 09/20/06 03:41 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 12:42 PM

I remember the first time I posted here was to ask how the ownership of a Music Store purchased MP3 worked with changing one's hardware and my first response was a long line of HAHA's from the ever congenial Bryan.<br><br>For some reason, that made me say 'HAHA' myself.<br><br>You were at least posing a legitimate question. Red flags go up when anyone comes in here posting spam or asking for serial numbers/anything having to do with pirated s/w, etc. There's places for that (yes, even for the Mac), but this ain't one of 'em.<br><br>And the minute we start discussing that sort of thing, it wouldn't be long before Stan waves bye-bye to us all. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 12:50 PM

"And the minute we start discussing that sort of thing, it wouldn't be long before Stan waves bye-bye to us all."<br><br>Yep. I don't condone what the original post was asking for. There are "proper" channels for such things. <br><br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 01:21 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I must say Steve, you act as if he (or she) is just using these words to spite you. He's just spelling them. If he hadn't spelled these words thusly, I guess you would have had to comment on his attitude w/o mentioning his non-Yank ness, no?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Let's just say this is a dialect I keep seeing in some of the more condescending posts that we've encountered (like one you took quite an exception to recently). Nothing descriminatory or prejudicial intended. Just pointing out the coincidence. And not forgetting that just as much flame flows from locals as well.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 03:20 PM

<br>If you feel that speaking the way "English" was<br>intended to be spoken sounds "condescending",<br>perhaps you've just got an inferiority complex. <br><br>Personally, I don't have a problem with it.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 05:22 PM

Historically, spoken British English has changed more from what it sounded like around Shakespeare's time than North American English has, which means that yes, North American English sounds more like original Shakespeare than British English does. So you've got it arse-backwards. y<br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 09:06 PM

Good Lord, this forum's usually deader than the Pope's sex life. Wow!!<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/20/06 10:17 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Good Lord, this forum's usually deader than the Pope's sex life. Wow!!<p><hr></blockquote><p>Your analogy is Wow.. LOL<br><br><br>www.waleedsgallery.biz<br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 01:08 AM

Dost thou sayth that we speakth thusly?<br><br>BIOYA!<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 03:36 AM

We were talking about pronunciation, not words and grammar, which have changed everywhere.<br><br>But, now that you mention it, British people sound just like Shakespeare don't they? Just the other day, the British guy who sits next to me at work was looking really down, and I asked him what was wrong and he said to me "Forsooth, I know not why I am so sad" [sarcastic smirk]<br><br>Sure, they speak Shakespeare with British accents now, but that doesn't mean the original performers did. And besides, no one ever really spoke just as Shakespeare wrote it, it sounded affected even back "in the day".<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 04:01 AM

Hey Mr. Dumbass. There's no debate about your request, it was most decidedly unethical. It also shows how stupid you are. For all you know this place is filled with law enforcement officials hangin out and you come in and in your first post you're asking for pirated serial numbers. Now cmon, even a complete fuc[i][/i]king idiot can see the risk involved and the complete lack of intelligence in doing this. Sites tend to get shut down quickly when discussions of piracy start popping up - either by the owners, or the feds. The place ain't perfect, but most of us like it here and don't want it to go anywhere.<br><br>I told you where to go to get what you need... if that wasn't the answer you were looking for, well, too bad. Whoever your friend is, you can go to them and tell them what an idiot he/she is too. Nowhere on this board have there EVER been pirated software or serial numbers traded... EVER. So why this person sent you here is beyond me. Personally, I think you made that up. <br><br>Either way, I don't really care if I hurt your feelings. I don't care what you think of me, or anyone else here. And I don't care what you do. But if you were to ask me I would say, piss off turd breath!<br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 04:59 AM

Seeing how polite their initial post was<br>I still think a simple "NO!" <br>could have sufficed.<br><br>...or... <br><br>You came to the wrong forum <br>we don't approve of piracy here.<br><br>...or even...<br><br>"PISS OFF!" <br><br>JMO<br>The SharkAttack© was a bit excessive.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 06:33 AM

I believe I DID say piss off.<br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 07:16 AM

SHARK!!!! <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 08:07 AM

AH! so you did! <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Please refer to my comments in the same thread you posted in the lounge.<br><br>Oh wait, you're a complete [censored] idiot and probably didn't think to check there so I'll repeat it here:<br><br>You want a P2P network or a software piracy site. This aint either. [color:red]Piss off</font color=red> turd breath!<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 08:09 AM

BIOYA2<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 08:37 AM

What he should have said:<br><br>[color:blue]I have of late--but wherefore I know not--lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition, that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregaton of vapors.</font color=blue><br><br>That is what a good Briton would have said. Or is that a good Dane? I get so confused. <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 02:18 PM

"What he should have said:<br><br>I have of late--but wherefore I know not--lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition, that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregaton of vapors."<br><br>Yes, well, I was paraphrasing. <br><br><br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 03:23 PM

Hark, thou dastardly knave. Thy tongue be entwined 'twixt thine fair ankles. Thou must away to yon mound of bovine entrails and get thee a shovel. Thou maketh much ado about nuttin', Honey. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 03:30 PM

Anyone wonder if we just got duped by PCGuy??? <br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 03:44 PM

It is getting close to Halloween. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/21/06 04:44 PM

yeah, it's much ado about nuttin', a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing...and certainly not a rare occurence on internet talk forums (sorry, fora)<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/22/06 05:52 AM

Wouldn't Hamlet be more than just a good Dane? Possibly, dare I say it, ... great?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Alas, poor Yorick, your puns were infinitely better.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/22/06 09:32 AM

Booooooooo!<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/22/06 10:09 AM

Double boooooo!<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 03:08 PM

You see I didn't know all this. I really didn't. I came here quite naively. I know that piracy exists and everyone seems to share stuff and when my net friend suggested coming here, it was because I was having various problems getting my rather old mac G3 up and running, and he said here was a good place to come to sort ANY mac problems out. He didn't say "that's the place to go to get pirated software". I originally used to use mac but got seduced over to the dark side simply because of work. Every office I went into had pcs! Now I am trying to go back to using the laptop and remember an age (about 6 years ago) when everyone used to share stuff. I have lost sight of internet laws and I really didn't realise the impact it could have on the site. Part of the reason I am doing an article on forums is precisely because there are a lot of people like me who have no idea about them, the etiquette, the protocols etc. I am not completely unfamiliar with forums but my knowledge is limited to pcs and hardware solutions.<br><br>I really thought I was making a harmless request. It was very naive and no-one thought to ask me if I knew what I was doing. I was treated like some kind of malevolent force, everyone was very quick to attack. Like some kind of small town full of inbreds, torches held high, ready to crucify me! Where's the grace in welcoming newbies, or even bothering to ask them where they are coming from. It was a horrible introduction to this forum.<br><br>Thank you for making me aware of all this but I still think some of you could take a few anger management courses, or maybe just some simple lessons in 'communication not likely to start a war'! There's just an agressiveness here that is so currently seen by us foreigners as American in it's forthrightness: no one bothers to ask questions, with some members just seem to be assuming who I am and what my agenda is... I made a mistake. But mine was innocent. The first respondants to my post showed themselves to be 'savages' when they could have been 'sages'. <br><br>But hey, it's got people talking. I just hope I din't get this site in to trouble :(<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 03:48 PM

I meant "where you come from" not in a physical sense, I would never slander an actual physical community with a blanket statement, (I know a few people in London who are not assholes ) I meant in the internet sense. A simple search shows Zugwump only frequents PC forums. I can use a blanket statement on that community. As to why he or she has to come here that would be obvious. There is not one person honest enough to cough up the cash for the program so that all the others could "borrow" the pass code. Thus the fishing trip here.<br><br>I'm sure which ever sense you use "back where you came from" it has a derrogatory slant against wherever it is, and whoever else inhabits it. Back in the 50's, 60's, 70's blacks and Asians all had to face that phrase and it was meant with the same vileness that it comes from you. How can you possibly justify anything you say with such blind malice? You actually seem to be contradicting yourself in your rush to be more acceptable to your peers.... because lets face it your post has very little substance.<br><br> I would never slander an actual physical community with a blanket statement<br><br>I can use a blanket statement on that community<br><br>So it's alright to slag off a group people as long as they have no nationality or physical type???? What on earth are you going on about. All groups have some kind of physical existence even if it is only online. Or do you mean ethically? Like people who support different football teams? It's alright for them to kick the crap out of eachother????? Hatred of any community only makes you look like a bigot. And in this case you are an ill-informed bigot!<br><br>Ill-informed yes, because despite this so called search you seem to have done you seem to give very little fact or solid statements concerning the nature of my identity, or how the relevance to my even having some kind of forum life impacts here. I have a blog, email and messenger IDs all under the same name. Maybe you should try searching Zugzwump not Zugwump. What is this blanket community you seem to need to malign? People who only use forums are all evil??? Your extensive research might have shown you, had you done it properly, that I have posted to four other forums in the past two years, mostly concerning hardware issues I may have had with my pc. And only because I am so ignorant of most things technical. Since I have started working with an old mac I have recently gone to one other forum who provided me with software for OS9 which was a legitimate request. I have never before requested anything unethical, but was totally hacked off with the duff evaluation copy of Dave which it took me hours to sort out, as the site providing it didn't help. Yes, I am worried about paying for a copy of software that it took me hours to run without adequete support. Short of time, and worried that I could end up with similar or more problems trying other software, I came to this forum as recommended by a net friend suggested this place to come if I had ANY mac issues as he had been here and thought it helpful. He didn't say anthing about it being a den for pirates. It was more a cover all phrase as there were several problems I had to resolve. I rather naively came in making the request I did without being aware of the impact to the forum or it's members. I could have, as pointed out earlier, used P2P software but didn't think it was such an awful request to make in a forum where someone may have suffered a similar problem to me.To be honest I seem to have lost sight of internet piracy laws. And what I did was totally naive. But as Celandine suggests, there was a way to set me straight and the early respondants to my post just came at me like they were running out of the hills, with blue painted faces, following Mel Gibson! Their replies weren't intelligent or cogent. Just plain rude. <br><br>And then there's you, very quick to follow the crowd and impress with your 'searches' as if you have some kind of proof on which to convict me!!!. You're just another one of the inbred villagers with a torch in your hand.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 04:00 PM

Wow, Zugzy! I'm really choked up now. And I think I heard some choir music for a second there. Whew. <br><br>So tell me: Is this the first draft of your big article? Or are you asking those other forums to write that for you, too? <br><br>~Ta again, Sport.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 04:20 PM

To be fair, Zugzy, you need to know why you got your ass jumped over that request: Over the past few years, these boards — the Lounge in particular, and the Soapbox, too — have been visited ever more frequently by trolls and sock puppets looking to scam members here, or flame others. Some attacks are drive-bys — over as quickly as they begin — and others just seem to cling to the walls like mould. So when you waltzed in here with your query, the Troll Alarm went bright red, and the militia was on you like white on rice. In hindsight, probably an over-reaction. But you didn't — and aren't — helping yourself by lecturing the hall and "threatening" to write us up in some magazine article. So if you want to start over — and I'll risk speaking for a few others — we'll chalk it up to mutual Dumbass® Moronism™ and move on.<br><br>In the meantime, if you want to get into political issues and try dissing us 'Mericans, we'll meet you in the Soapbox. If you have the cajones, that is. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 05:19 PM

Again, Mr Zugwump I have to apologize. You misconstrue that I might give a shi[/i]t what you think or that I spent a lot of time searching for what makes you, you. I don't and I didn't. Don't let my torch catch your as[i]s on fire as you find the door.<br><br>Your rationalization for software theft has won me over. I think I'll worry about all the software that I'll steal from now on. Every time some software hacks me off I'm going back to the store and shoplift another copy to teach them a thing or two. From now on I will tell my inbred offspring to steal anything that annoys them as I am sure you are teaching yours. Since I have taught them to be ethical beings up until now I might have to beat it into them. Does that work well for you?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 05:32 PM

You thought he was a troll? He comes here asking for assistance to steal software. And now he continues with this mealy mouth rationalization for theft. The software "hacked him off" and he has been using PCs where sharing software (aka stealing) is perfectly OK. That he is "ignorant of things technical" which I guess means he was never taught that theft is theft even if it is a simple e-mail with a pass code in it. Even more laughable that "To be honest I seem to have lost sight of internet piracy laws" as if there is some really complicated law book of internet rules and he hasn't got to the one on page 256 which says, "Don't steal."<br><br>Trolls are annoying. They may even cross the line into incredible jerk-offs. But you disparage trollery when you lump thieves with them.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 05:43 PM

Ok, Paul. I take back what I said and and I've emailed Dick Cheney asking him to bring his shotgun here and teach Zugzy a lesson once and for all. K?<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 05:57 PM

Not a troll, just an insecure newbie who's mom did not teach ethics to. So insecure he needs to post in Adobe Forums (down near the bottom, search on "etiquette") how ashamed he is of our behavior. The Adobe InDesign forum hands him his lunch and he still doesn't get it.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 06:18 PM

Fine. So he's a dickhead and he's made us famous. Why are you even wasting your time following him around? What would Jill think? You keep this up and he's not gonna send you tear sheets of his article. <br><br><br>I forget what thread you called the dumbest ever a few days ago, but this one's on it's way to usurping the title.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 06:25 PM

I'm bored and also depressed that I have not seen the new Montego commercials with you know who. Since the Sox are out of it I don't watch any sports and so car commercials are hard to come by. I'm watching the New England Revolution right now but dang it there are no commercials in soccer.<br><br>But this thread is still entertaining. I like playing the pompous moralist.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/23/06 06:41 PM

You're only playing? <br><br><br><br>BTW, I have seen a few of Jill's new spots. Meh. Besides, I finally upgraded my cable service last month and now I can watch CNN and drool over Paula Zahn. You can have your teeny bopper.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 02:43 PM

While we're on the subject of putting people into groups. You wrote: "There's just an agressiveness here that is so currently seen by us foreigners as American in it's forthrightness" Who are "us foreigners"? I would think you speak for a pretty large constituency there. A blanket statement regardless of whether you are talking about "us" instead of "them" or "you guys" is still hard to justify.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 06:45 PM

Well, first of all I didn't claim not to be a bigot... I was responding to someone who was trying to say she wasn't a bigot despite making a statement that sounded really bigoted.<br><br>And "us foreigners", is a growing army of dissenters against a government which has allowed itself to be seduced into illegal militia action, initiated by the U.S. It's rather sad as heads are starting to roll in our government and the only people who suffer are the masses. <br><br>I know a Japanese girl who hates the U.S. Keeps making me read about U.S involvement in Japan's history, from the perspective of the Japanese. If I hear about Commodore Perry one more time... If she wasn't so rational and intelligent, with common sense that would make her a much loved politician, I'd have to hate the Japanese as well! ;)<br><br>But hey, we've all had U.S. 'involvement' in one way or another, right? Not all of it good. I think that, on a rather more trivial level, the way some people have behaved on this thread more than supports that statement. The only way to express themselves is to wade in boot first, ask questions later... if at all!<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 07:18 PM

Thanks for that, if only you had said that to start with... But I was bit thrown by the negativity. I have much to learn about the 'dark side of the force'.<br><br>You are one of my favourite respondants... And you know it too! (It's ok to blush, I am!), but the time it takes to write these replies with little comeback of any intelligence or interest to me, makes it hard for me to respond. I don't have the time to take on the idiots. The people who just want to hurl abuse and look clever whilst doing it (-she knows who she is). But where's the time to actually respond to people like you, who beyond the initial apelike behaviour is actually a good spar. <br><br>Actually the way this thread is panning out makes it more news, or rather column, worthy. It's a good story. Kinda deserves it's own feature. But WHERE'S THE TIME?!!! The thread is getting so expansive it's hard to keep up... or rather, hardly worth the time to keep up. <br><br>As for the U.S. , I'd love to chew the fat over their antics, but again WHERE'S THE TIME?. I can only say this: I have a bit of a personal angle on my "beef" with them. But to be honest the ones I met the only time I travelled to the U.S. were lovely. I got to meet diplomats and Safeways security guards and I found the people at ground level were better to talk to. It's the U.S. government and it's global impact that tend to worry me and made for my earlier unfavourable comparison to this thread. All hob-nail boots in response and little true inquiry.<br><br>Apparently, I have been reliably informed by a Cambridge professor, the U.S.' is the next global Empire, and they are building it now. It will probably surpass that of the British Empire and equal Rome's.... And we all know what happened to Rome, don't we? (No, polymerase, I guess it's not your field of research... go google it! :P)<br><br>"It started with nylons, gum and great movies and it ended in war"<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 07:27 PM

"And "us foreigners", is a growing army of dissenters against a government which has allowed itself to be seduced into illegal militia action"<br><br>Well, that makes me one of "us foreigners" as well since I have been a dissenter of this action since the beginning. But come to think of it, this is not an inaccurate description of how I felt when I came home to the US for Christmas in 2001 following 9\11; nobody wanted to listen to what I had to say about that didn't 100 percent back Bush, and I did feel something like a foreigner. People were out there, I would find out later, who agreed with me, but they were keeping quiet.<br><br>"I know a Japanese girl who hates the U.S. Keeps making me read about U.S involvement in Japan's history, from the perspective of the Japanese. If I hear about Commodore Perry one more time... If she wasn't so rational and intelligent, with common sense that would make her a much loved politician, I'd have to hate the Japanese as well! ;)"<br><br>Well, I have lived in Japan for the past 10 years and have heard the gamut of Japanese opinions on the US's influence/involvement on Japan, from scathing criticism to highest praise. Having heard this range of opinions, I wouldn't recommend taking her opinion or her sources as "THE perspective of the Japanese", whether she is rational and intelligent or not.<br><br>I am sure you could just as easilly read up on the colonialist "involvement" practiced by the British Empire and it's "settlers" from the perspective of the people who lived there first, (and maybe you have.) Whether doing this would make you think differently or not about your country of origin is up to you.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 07:38 PM

You know, there is not a single nation in the world that's simon pure. Ask the Chinese about Japan, and then tell your Japanese friend what they say. If you're Australian, I'm sure you're familiar with the lovely attitude of the Aboriginals to the invaders from other parts of the world. If you're from another British ex-colony, well, from 1750 to 1950 Britain was the prime candidate for international hatred, right up there with Belgium. Read about what Belgium did in "its" Congo. It's enough to make you very messily sick.<br><br>It's easy enough to demonize. IMHO, it's what you might call a species hazard for us humans. You're doing it to the folks who call this forum their on-lline home, and in doing so forget that the proper response to an illegal request such as you made is to call the cops, who are not sweetness and light in their approach to illegality. What descended on you was the cops. You did not get sweetness and light. You deserved what you got. Protesting that you didn't know about the nature of the law is, if you'll excuse the rather vulgar phrase, pure BS.<br><br>This thread has reached such an abyss of silliness that I wish the real forum cop, Stan, would come in and close it.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 07:45 PM

"It's easy enough to demonize"<br><br>And just as easy to "demonise". Sorry just doing my part to continue the lurch into the abyss.... <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 07:56 PM

And I bet you put your commas as well as your periods outside of quotation marks too. <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 08:14 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>All hob-nail boots in response and little true inquiry.<p><hr></blockquote><p> A "little true inquiry"? You came here asking for help in thievery. End of story. The hobnail boots came down and now you equate that to all Americans. If we were all Americans here (which we are not at all) I would say good on us Americans! A thief walks into our midst and we hold no quarter.<br><br>Starting on the thieves square on the checkerboard you then start spewing political rhetoric back all the way back to the Romans. You sound silly from that square. SteveG and you should really be blushing now. Responding to you was interesting for a while because you continued to be such a weasel. But now it's really getting old.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 09:05 PM

"And I bet you put your commas as well as your periods outside of quotation marks too."<br><br>I used to bother about remembering these conventions, than I graduated university and haven't bothered writing any punctuation that is up to snuff since.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 09:16 PM

Well, let me tell you, we 'Mericans fought a Revolutionary War so we could put our punctuation inside quotation marks where they belong, by gum!<br><br><br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 10:14 PM

I tend to put them outside the quotation marks when the quote is PART of what I'm saying<br>therefore the punctuation is MINE whereas the quote was not...<br>yet INSIDE the quotation marks when the punctuation is called for within the quotation itself.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 10:21 PM

Man, let's get this thread back on "labeling" where it belongs (NOT!). <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/24/06 11:44 PM

If you insist... "Remora"<br><br><br><br>The host they attach to for transport gains nothing from the relationship, but also loses little. The remora benefits <br>by using the host as transport and protection and also feeds on materials dropped by the host. There is some <br>controversy over whether a remora's diet is primarily leftover fragments, or actually the feces of the host. In <br>some species (Echeneis naucrates and E. neucratoides) consumption of host feces is strongly indicated in gut <br>dissections.[3] For other species, such as those found in a host's mouth, scavenging of leftovers is more likely. <br>Many sources also suggest that for some remora/host pairings the relationship is closer to mutualism with the <br>remora cleaning bacteria and other parasites from the host.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 02:23 AM

And why should I be blushing? Just because I'm apparently Zugzy's Jill Wagner? Frankly I think we should all be blushing over having given this thread so much attention and momentum. Every one of us has contributed to it's stupidity. Every one of us. And oops, I just crapped my pants again!<br><br>The response to this bonehead's request should have and could have started and stopped with: "That's illegal. No can do. Buh-bye." But noooooooooo... we all acted like we ain't gettin any and turned this into a dog-kicking contest. Just as bone-headed, IMHO.<br><br>Yeah. Let's make it a group blush and stake this thread out on a red ant hill.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 06:56 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this thread needs a big fat:<br><br><center><b style="color: red; font-size: 900%; font-family: 'Impact','Helvetica',serif;">What?[/b]</center><br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 07:23 AM

Ya have to admit, though - most action the 'Local' has gotten in years!<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 07:59 AM

So you admit you ain't gettin' any? <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 08:31 AM

Um, what?<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 08:38 AM

I've heard you can go blind. But deaf?<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 08:58 AM

If you're going to rip on me, at least have it make sense. That's all I ask. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 09:26 AM

Any sense made in this thread — by me or anyone else — is in direct proportion to it's worth. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 02:00 PM

I don't know why you guys keep thinking out loud that this thread is so "silly" and "worthless" and a bunch of other words, just because a thread in the Local section meandered off into something else. The Lounge and the Soapbox meander into each other's territories all the time, and also go on long after they "should" have ended. So what?<br><br>PS My Mac has started calling me names, even after I mute the sound. Is there some way around this?<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 03:09 PM

FWIW I agree I didn't find the thread worthless either. Entertaining and educational. Best thread in weeks at MM.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 03:50 PM

<br>Well maybe we can start over and welcome Zugzy to the forum. But about that pirated serial number doodad, perhaps it's been driven up his bunghole several times already. Maybe he should post again on the Soapbox and see if he gets a better response there. Ya think?<br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:08 PM

<br>I second that...<br>but suggest 'the Lounge' instead.<br>People tend to be less rude there <br>in front of the other members. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:14 PM

You're right. He did say pretty please. I'm so ashamed. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:16 PM

That's where I was going when I was told I should be blushing.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:17 PM

Hell, if people don't practice a little restraint in the Local, nowhere is safe. BTW, Cel, normally, when I see the shark claptrap, I scroll right past, but I just noticed the Remora jpg was for me! How sweet. If there's any shark I stick close to the mouth of, it's you, baby! Throw a few more chunks my way now and then, huh? Smooooooooch!! <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:23 PM

eat sh!t <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:26 PM

According to your description of the Remora, I already do. Try another imperative.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:32 PM

<br>Figures you'd miss the joke. <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:34 PM

[censored] joke was intentional? Touche. I can't see the pic or whatever you have put in your last post, the filter here blocks it, sorry.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:37 PM

Groovy. Send me one of them filters, will ya?<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:46 PM

You wouldn't like it, it blocks so much, trying to read the news links is like playing craps. I have probably blocked my access to this thread now by writing *crap* <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 04:58 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>That's where I was going when I was told I should be blushing.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes, but I used the words "doodad" and "bunghole". You might want to follow my example on how to get respect on this forum. Okay, jackass?<br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/25/06 05:00 PM

You have a good point there, peckerhead. Now put your doodad away before your bunghole starts to leak again. [snideley smirk]<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/26/06 02:46 AM

Don't get me wrong. I realise there's good and bad in every action. Had there not been a British Empire, the many people that currently inhabit the UK successfully would not have had that chance in life being born in other parts of the Empire. But then there would not have race riots here, as there have been, nor would there be the current Muslim angst, as the majority of Muslims are of Asian ir Indian subcontinent descent, and there would be few Muslims... Whose to say what would stand in it's place or how history would have panned out? Without the civilising influence of Rome, and the Norman conquest, Britain itself may not have developed to gain it's own Empire. <br><br>But that's history and perspectives on history can differ wildly. There is never an excuse for agressive action unless it is defensive and, like a lot of people, I don't feel the US actions since 9/11 have been justified.<br><br>So I'm not as cut and dried as to have a fundamental nationalism at heart. I don't need to see my nation differently. It just angers me to see the injustices being perpertrated here in the name of the "war against terrorism" and the economy being driven into the war machine when as rich as we are, the money could still be better used improving the lot of the poor.<br><br>And my Japanese friend is just a product of her own experiences and frustrations, but immensely intelligent and good at heart. I find her nationalism unpalatable at times but I try to take a few steps in her shoes and understand where she is coming from. <br><br>You seem to be one of the good guys here. Celadine and you could be the Lone Ranger and Tonto, in this Wild West of a forum. Can you afford silver bullets?<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/26/06 02:48 AM

That's it for you, isn't: slanging. You have nothing of any real substance to say. Hey, if you're really bored I know some punctuation games you could amuse yourself with! :)<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/26/06 02:58 AM

Where's the time for the soapbox? (Holding hand up) But yes, I made an arse of myself because I didn't realise what I was doing. But I think that a lot of the reactions here were also so 'arseworthy' as to make me think twice about posting again. But there's a few people here (and I emphasise few) who are actually interesting and who might be good to know if they could get past their extravagant use of slanging.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/26/06 03:02 AM

It's good. <br><br>Hang on a minute here guys (said the newbie): You are two of the nicest people here and you don't get on????? Am I in some kind of online Dante's Inferno? It has to be hell when the decent folk don't get on. I had you both pegged as the Lone Ranger and Tonto. You two were like my Mum and Dad here... (sobs).<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/26/06 03:26 AM

Oh and Americans are such good guys they have never stolen anything in their lives! HAHAHAHAHA!<br><br>US citizensare constantly illegally downloading stuff. I would hazard a guess that simply becasue your nation is large that the problem is bigger there than anywhere else. But I wasn't talking about the American people as such, I was talking about your government, which is why I brought up all that empire stuff.<br><br>You bang on about the theft issue of piracy way after I said what I did was stupid if a little naive. But you can't let it drop. You accuse without even trying to find out who I am, which is your biggest negative. You would absolutely useless on a jury, full of bile and unable to get past your own anger. It's like you are some kind of Avenging Angel way after the problem has been diagnosed and cured but no you have to keep jumping up and down on the issue, keeping it going. Your posts are full of hate and that's the real problem isn't it? maybe you have nowhere else to go and be hateful except online. <br><br>Most people discuss a problem, make up or break up. But you just have to keep the problemn alive. Get over it and have something interesting to say, even if it does mean bringing in the Roman empire. What's wrong with intelligent discourse? <br><br>Here's a tip: You don't have to respond at all you know, let alone make a comment about reponding. You sound like you are 12 years old. Apologies, maybe you are and that's why you can't handle interesting discussion. I'd say around now adolescence must be kicking in whcih explains all the anger and the dog-with-a-bone attitude. Sorry, if I'd known this was the case, I'd have kept the language simpler and the metaphors out.<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/26/06 04:34 AM

A couple of us were willing to move past this thread — sorry Paul, it IS a stupid thread AFAIC — and your ill conceived request, and invited you to participate in the Political Soapbox so you could give vent to your opinions. 'Nuther words, a fresh start. <br><br>Yet you continue to whine incessantly about how you've been set upon by all the Ugly Americans here. Fact is you were way out of line and got hammered for it. Just as you did in the Adobe forum (and I might add that if posting a link to this thread wasn't an example of bad form and a juvenile attitude, I don't know what is).<br><br>So here's a few tips for you, Zugzaroo: Stop trying to justify your mistake. Stop making blanket assumptions. And especially stop accusing others of being childish when you evidently aren't mature enough to take your lumps and move on to more relevant issues. <br><br>Either bring your political opinions to the proper forum, as has been suggested several times, or STFU! Is that simple and metaphor-free enough for you?<br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/26/06 08:20 AM

Maybe we ALL need to step back & take a (few) deep breaths here.<br><br>If you wish to join in a more non aggressive venue, and try to start over<br>and see where it goes from there.... join in on the conversations in "the<br>Lounge area".... get to know "the natives" and let us get a better look at <br>you, BEFORE jumping into "THE PIT" (aka "The Political Soapbox") where<br>things can RAPIDLY get out of hand over domestic politicing, let alone<br>foreign (outside) opinions of our domestic politicing . <br><br>As you may well imagine, it can be a trifle touchy, and about as welcome<br>as any stranger taking sides in a any domestic squabble, particularly since <br>you don't know us as individuals, or who and what we individually support. <br>Let me be the first to assure you that NOT All Americans are entirely alike. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/26/06 12:18 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But I think that a lot of the reactions here were also so 'arseworthy' <p><hr></blockquote><p>Get to know us! <br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/26/06 03:44 PM

He has already figured out most of us are arseworthy (except for Steve blushing). <br><br>Sounds like he as already gotten to know us quite well. He certainly has figured out I am the designated JackAss.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/27/06 10:02 AM

"He certainly has figured out I am the designated JackAss"<br><br>We're taking shifts aren't we? Think I'm next in the rotation....<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/27/06 10:32 AM

Here you go. Freshly dry cleaned.<br><br><br><br>I'm not the one who put chewing gum in the ear.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/28/06 04:03 AM

I have not at any point tried to justify my mistake. I held my hand up to it. I have NO problems with Americans. In fact two of the people I feel have treated me most fairly here have been Americans (I'm assuming here Celadine is one, and I think lanovami said he was American). I just hate the jumping on my head type, self righteous American who seems so full of bile and has to vent spleen at and ABOUT me thatI feel I have to reply. I think that's only one American here now. If you look at my post to him (pretending to be a her????) it's more a personal attack on him. Bile breeds bile, I'm ashamed to say. But fair enough, no more politics from me here. <br><br>

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/28/06 04:07 AM

I'm trying, I'm trying! I'm still here despite the initial fire I started, aren't I? :)<br><br>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/28/06 05:45 AM

I love you Zugzwump.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/28/06 06:08 AM

Welcome to these forums, Zugzwump!<br><br>I think you'll find everyone here to be most gracious and willing to offer assistance...<br>... except when they forget their medication.<br><br>Oh... and piracy = bad!<br><br>- alec

Re: Key for Dave621, help me, pretty please! - 09/28/06 07:05 AM

If your cluelessness were a pumpkin, there'd be enough pie to end world hunger forever. "Where is the time?" Mostly wasted here. By you. Flogging a dead horse.<br><br>