Keynote looks great

Posted by: JonnyCat

Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 05:26 PM

Quartz extreme = fast.<br><br>Even my 600Mhz iBook can deliver smooth spins and 3D effects without hesitation.<br><br>just starting to play with it.<br><br>For those that have questions, I haven't had too much play time, but I thought I would upload the user manual in PDF if that helps you out - 7.5Mb download.<br><br>http://imacusers.com/macminute/KeynoteUserGuide.pdf<br><br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 05:42 PM

Okay, my big question is can you hyperlink to other apps link in PowerPoint? <br><br>Is there anyway to smoothly switch to the DVD or say Word while in Keynote?<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 05:42 PM

I haven't gotten into anything fancy yet, but this thing is really easy to learn.<br><br>

Re: Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 05:49 PM

I don't know yet....<br><br>but I just dragged a QT movie into Keynote and it's easy to insert QT media. And you can export a QT movie so your presentation is a QT movie with a QT movie!<br><br>it's like adding the presentor to the presentation<br><br>lining up stuff is a breeze - it's so intuitive!<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 06:03 PM

When I use PP for my lectures, I normally hyperlink to the DVD player (DVD is queued to a chapter or spot...so nice not to have to fumble with a video) or if I need to get on the internet, I hyperlink to a browser...and then I can switch back to PP. It makes for a very smooth lecture. PP also has all sorts of custon action buttons that I can use to create the links.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 06:04 PM

Hey JC... why stop there? Go ahead and just make a disc image of the CD and post it somewhere so we can download it... you wouldn't want the manual to be lonely on my hard drive would you? <br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site

Re: Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 06:06 PM

At first glance I haven't seen any of these.<br><br>Looks like it likes to have all the media within the presentation. So if you want to flip to a movie you would have to embed it in the presenation, or save an HTML page as PDF and do the same.<br><br>but then again, I have about 20 minutes of experience with it so far<br><br>

Re: Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 06:08 PM

I was thinking that I should have a backup safely stored somewhere <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 06:11 PM

My hard drive is veeeeeerry safe!<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Keynote looks great - 01/09/03 06:17 PM

It would be totally safe on mine..but then again I have no need for it...<br><br><br>