"beep-beep" what was that?

Posted by: sross

"beep-beep" what was that? - 12/18/02 02:29 PM

Every once in a while I get a beep-beep sound that comes from deep within my G4 during startup. It is not coming through the speaker but from a source way down in the Mac. The rest of the startup is without problems and I don't think there is anything to be worried about........or is there?<br>If anyone else has the same thing happen, please let me know. I need the company.<br>Thanks<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: "beep-beep" what was that? - 12/18/02 02:40 PM

Well, obviously the Underpants Gnomes have taken refuge inside your Mac. I mean, it is nice and toasty in there. Sure they prefer Pentiums, but in todays market even a luke-warm G4 will do. So the beeping must be one of them screaming when the startup gives them a good shock.<br><br>Sorry, I don't have anything constructive to say, smart-ass comments are the only ones that come to mind.<br><br>

Re: "beep-beep" what was that? - 12/18/02 02:49 PM

You may be on to something. I was under the impression that it was sort of a wake-up bugle for the gremlins who inhabit my mac. <br><br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: "beep-beep" what was that? - 12/18/02 05:51 PM

Oh-oh. I think it's the hard disk. There was an issue about six months ago with the Maxtor drives having troubles and making a beep-beep noise. Do a google search on it. Anyway, I believe the drives are covered under warranty.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: "beep-beep" what was that? - 12/19/02 02:39 AM

It's the roadrunner hiding from Wylie Coyote of course. Seems pretty obvious to me Sherman.<br><br><br><br>

Re: "beep-beep" what was that? - 12/19/02 02:30 PM

I yield to the superior wisdom of a senior member. <br><br>