Yep, fonts again

Posted by: wallbanger

Yep, fonts again - 05/31/05 08:29 AM

I'm a graphic artist. I use Panther, Mac OSX 10.3, and I'd like to know how you guys using Panther (or Tiger for that matter) manage your fonts?<br><br>I have tons of fonts and have messed up system more than once! I add using FontBook, but sometimes I seem to screw up my system (not sure why that happens). The fonts go right into my permanently activated list<br><br>I'd like to know how the pros handle their font collections on any given day?<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Yep, fonts again - 05/31/05 09:52 AM

Using Font Book, the best process to add fonts is to create a new Collection and add to that. As mentioned in your other thread, all fonts added to Font Book are automatically enabled. Once you have the preferred fonts added to the new Collection, the entire Collection can be disabled and only required fonts can be enabled.<br><br>Other good font management tools include Extensis Suitcase and Font Agent Pro, the latter gaining increased popularity. Both offer automatic font activation and many more features than Apple's Font Book.<br><br>Personally, I'm pleased as punch with Font Book.<br><br>- alec
Posted by: garyW

Re: Yep, fonts again - 06/01/05 07:19 PM

FontAgent Pro <br><br>Try the 30-day demo download here<br><br>Highly recommend this app. <br>Auto activation (in Classic too) and doesn't mess with your original font files.<br><br>
Posted by: wallbanger

Re: Yep, fonts again - 06/02/05 05:10 AM

Alright, thanks for the imput AND the link to try something else ........ I'll keep y'all informed<br><br>