ībout keychain accses

Posted by: peke

ībout keychain accses - 02/07/05 07:56 PM

Hi everyone!! does anyone know how to use the keychain access from panther, I want, for exaple, use it for this page, so I donīt have to type my password anymore, but the pages I found donīt explain it step by step (as you can see Iīm a dealing with os x) I anyone knows a page or can explain me how to do it, I will thank you, and if you took the time to read mi post, have a nice day!!!!! <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: ībout keychain accses - 02/08/05 04:04 AM

Safari--->Preferences--->AutoFill Check User names and passwords.<br><br>Next time you log on to a page, you'll get a drop down pane that gives you the choices "Never", "Not now" and "Always". If you check "Always", your login info will auto fill whenever you return to that page after logging out. <br><br>This is fine if you're the only user on your machine. However, if you share the computer with other users, you may not want them to have access to some sites — like bank or credit card sites, for example.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: ībout keychain accses - 02/08/05 04:09 AM

I don't understand people that let others use their machine without setting up a seperate user account. <br><br>

Re: ībout keychain accses - 02/08/05 04:19 AM

I'm referring to someone needing to get a file off someone's machine in their absense. Like if you're out of the office and someone has to acces a file you have... that sort of thing.<br><br>At work, I only used manual log-ins so no one could get to anything that wasn't in plain sight or ok to share.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: ībout keychain accses - 02/08/05 04:25 AM

Gotcha. <br><br>If I had a computer in a community setting, I would have a password in open firmware, filevault enabled, a master password and a cow-prodder attached to the mouse!<br><br>Then again, I'm the person that low-level formats their computer and installs a bare copy of OS X before they have it repaired. Nothing to see, nothing to steal. <br><br>

Re: ībout keychain accses - 02/08/05 05:29 AM

thanks's steve, so what you are saying is that allowing that, safari is automaticaly doing it, I don't have to do nothing, it will store my password?<br>but (If you know it) what about the keychain app, which is the diference between creating a keychain and creating a password, I have a loging keychain and a microsoft_intermediate keychain, in which I create my password key?<br>thanks<br><br>

Re: ībout keychain accses - 02/08/05 06:13 AM

Honestly, I pay relatively little attention to Keychain. In other words, when it asks me to save values or not, I click the option that's approriate, and forget about it. I really never deliberately open the Keychain utility to change anything.<br><br>I'm the sole user on my computers at home. No one else requires access, so I have relatively few requirements for Keychain.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: ībout keychain accses - 02/09/05 12:29 PM

all that info is stored in the keychain app under your username.<br>The other ones, System and the Microsoft one don't worry about.<br>When you go to any site and fill in your username and password Safari will ask you if you want it put in your keychain (the first time). You say yes, and the next time you won't have to put it in, like Steve said.<br>Some sites might not let the password be stored for some reason, so I have to keep putting it in, but the username is always filled in.<br>So you have one keychain that has all the usernames and passwords stored in it for each site.<br><br>If you really want to know--->linky<br><br><br>For Mike

Re: ībout keychain accses - 02/10/05 07:33 AM

thanks again lori<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: ībout keychain accses - 02/10/05 07:38 AM

no problem! <br><br><br><br>For Mike