sherlock

Posted by: Anonymous

sherlock - 06/25/01 05:49 PM

can anyone help--- sherlock 2 on my G4 operates properly ,but when trying to find the application sherlock.I cant find it sherlock says it is in syserm folder but it is not there also not in application folder. nor can I find it in extensions. I wanted to modify it but cant find it, even though it works fine. thanks <br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: sherlock - 06/25/01 08:29 PM

Is it in your "apple menu" folder?<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: sherlock - 06/26/01 10:11 AM

yeah, unless it was manually moved... that is where the Mac OS installer puts Sherlock... <br>in System Folder : Apple Menu Items Folder.<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: sherlock - 06/26/01 10:37 PM

I just had to reinstall everything after I wiped my HD (a sad story), and the OS installed Sherlock 2 in the Applications Folder. There's an alias of it in the Apple Menu Folder, though.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: sherlock - 06/27/01 04:58 AM

yeah that is true too.. it was once tha Apple extra's folder but always with an alias in apple menu items folder.<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Re: sherlock - 07/01/01 01:33 AM

Remember that if using IE5 the Sherlock App must be in the Apple Menu Items Folder.<br>That way the sherlock icon will work in IE5s toolbar...........<br><br>An alias in the Apple Menu won't do it!<br><br>[color:green]The Home Page[color:green]
Posted by: johnengler

Re: sherlock - 07/01/01 05:19 AM

darkstranger... welcome to the boards... <br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." --Mother Teresa

Re: sherlock - 07/01/01 01:39 PM

Hey darkstranger!<br><br><br><br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.
Posted by: Alex

Re: sherlock - 07/01/01 05:31 PM

Anyone know a hack for this? I wanted to rename "Sherlock" to " Sherlock " (space before & after) and IE5 couldn't find it of course...<br><br>

Re: sherlock - 07/01/01 06:27 PM

Anyone know a hack for this? I wanted to rename "Sherlock" to " Sherlock " (space before & after) and IE5 couldn't find it of course...<br><br>Why would you want to do that?<br><br><br>Hi guys <br><br><br>[color:green]The Home Page[color:green]

Re: sherlock - 07/01/01 07:47 PM

actually it would hide sherlock from internet config and nav services<br> but that would not worry me as I only use sherlock to search my non-indexed drives manually<br>I don't bother trying to search the web with it and have deleted all the other crap from it<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================