Yet another OSX Browser available

Posted by: MacGizmo

Yet another OSX Browser available - 06/02/04 09:41 PM

Shiira is basically a copy of Safari, with a few new features added in. It's built on Apple's web kit. Obviously it looks and works a lot like Safari, but I do like the bookmark/history drawer better than the bookmark management window Apple provides in Safari.<br><br>But the one nice feature is the ability to have tabs expand in width to fit the title of the page on them completely.<br><br>A nice start... hell, they're still in beta and it's already better than Opera and iCab.<br><br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: Yet another OSX Browser available - 06/02/04 11:22 PM

I'd consider iCab long-time 6-feet under and RIP.<br><br>
Posted by: JohnR

already been talked about - 06/03/04 02:41 AM

Hey slowpoke...this had 2 threads already <br><br>May 24th started by Sam<br>and<br>May 25th started by Mike<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: already been talked about - 06/03/04 05:57 AM

and still, firebird/firefox leaves it for dead.<br><br><br><br>

Re: already been talked about - 06/03/04 09:24 AM

I was out of town that whole week... didn't see it.<br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: Yet another OSX Browser available - 06/03/04 10:28 AM

bahhh, build your own with 1 line of code<br><br><br>url<br><br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: Yet another OSX Browser available - 06/03/04 10:54 AM

Sweet, nutty!<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Yet another OSX Browser available - 06/05/04 08:52 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> and still, firebird/firefox leaves it for dead.<br><br><br><br> <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>It's hard to compete against Open Source Software. There are thousands of willing and motivated programmers improving the software for the joy of programming and supporting open source.<br><br>Companies like Microsoft and Apple spend billions trying to design a good GUI, and sell copies for hundreds while KDE can make a great GUI and sell it for...nothing.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Yet another OSX Browser available - 06/11/04 11:41 AM

You can also do it with zero lines of code if you connect the URL field directly to the WebKit pane. Enter an URL and press enter.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Yet another OSX Browser available - 11/02/04 10:27 AM

Uhhh, last I saw Safari WAS free to anyone using a Mac bro. If you PAID for it, I have a bridge to sell you in the sahara desert :)<br><br>

Re: Yet another OSX Browser available - 11/02/04 01:57 PM

you paid for it too, when you upgraded to Jaguar.<br><br>