Maya PLE crashes!?

Posted by: greenme1

Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/11/02 05:59 PM

In Maya PLE 3.5.1 Running on 10.2 maya will crash every time i open it after a minute or so. sometimes the computer will freeze and nothing happens at all, and other times the screen will darken except for a white dialogue box that says "you must restart your computer" in 4 languages. i have never seen that before in my life! do any of you have any suggestions?<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/11/02 09:02 PM

I dumped that thing a long time ago. Watermark indeed!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/11/02 09:08 PM

yeah, but it's fun to play with. They say that the next version (4 or 4.5) will have no watermark though! <br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/11/02 09:08 PM

Could the problem be that there is no jaguar support?<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/11/02 09:14 PM

sounds like the version you have just doesn't work on jaguar yet... apple changed a lot of the core workings, so that's probably the problem...<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/12/02 02:32 AM

Thanks for the help, i'll look or wait for an update and tell you what happens.....<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/13/02 07:29 PM

There have been many problems with Maya PLE even before Jag. Unless they have updated it, it would not run properly past OS10.1.2 <br>I had to get rid of it. Just too much trouble. Fun while it lasted though.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/13/02 09:07 PM

yeah, they should be coming out with 4.5 soon and should be updating the PLE version too.<br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/13/02 09:08 PM

oh, and nice pic! i love M&Ms............ mmmmmmm <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 08:24 AM

What the heck do you have in your profile pic? It isn't showing anything. <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 10:06 AM

I had some cool face before, and when it didn't work i put it back to my dog..... And they both show up in my control panel as they should look, but never show up in posts. I'm at a loss there.... <br><br>
Posted by: TimL

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 10:40 AM

It's linked to this, which does not work. <br><br>http://homepage.mac.com/asammak/.cv/asammak/Sites/.Pictures/Photo Album Pictures/2002-06-06 17<br><br>Link to a particular file, such as : http://homepage.mac.com/asammak/.cv/asammak/Sites/.Pictures/mypic.jpg or something similar.<br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 12:09 PM

odd it was working before, but why does it show up in my control panel?<br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 12:14 PM

I tried somthing different this time.......<br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 12:16 PM

It didn't work, but again the profle pic shows up as it should in my control panel and the browser window...... I am still at a loss....<br><br>
Posted by: TimL

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 12:36 PM

It could have something to do with file path length, now I see the link as this: <br><br>http://homepage.mac.com/asammak/.Pictures/Photo Album Pictures/2002-06-06 17.02.33 -0700/Hea<br><br>Why not just link to something in ~/.Pictures? I think linking to a Photo Album is creating a problem. I remember the same problem with someone here, it could've been you, I can't remember.<br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 12:40 PM

You are linking to an .html file. You have to link to a .jpg image. The file must have the .jpg extension.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 12:44 PM

Is this what you want to show?<br><br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 01:15 PM

If you're comfortable doing it, why don't you put up the url that you're using so we can see if there's something obviously not right? I know that when I right click on the spot where the picture ought to be, I don't get the "Open in new window" option, so somewhere or other the url is not being read correctly.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 01:16 PM

He doesn't need the "/Photo Album Pictures/2002-06-06 17.02.33 -0700" part of that URL, does he?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 01:35 PM

this is the URL of where that particular photo is placed:<br><br>http://homepage.mac.com/asammak/.Pictures/Photo Album Pictures/2002-06-06 17.02.33 -0700/Head-2.jpg<br><br>The spaces might be throwing it off for some browsers, but it works in mine... he just didn't copy the rest of the URL, he stopped at "...Hea" instead of "...Head-2.jpg". See, it works for me, even with the spaces.<br><br>And yes, he does need the whole URL because that's where the photo is located.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 02:05 PM

I put:<br>http://homepage.mac.com/asammak/.Pictures/Photo Album Pictures/2002-06-06 17.02.33 -0700/Head-2.jpg <br>into the control panel, it's odd that it would stop at "hea".<br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 02:09 PM

why don't you take everything out of the box so at least we all don't have to look at a red X box all the time.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 02:11 PM

Was that upsetting you? <br><br>Ok i did.<br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 04:08 PM

After the /.Pictures, all you need to do is add the name of the jpg. You don't need the photoalburn stuff. So /.Pictures/Head-2.jpg is good enough. Also, make sure that the capitalization and all is exactly the same as what appears on your iDisk, cause otherwise it won't work.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 04:28 PM

Do you mean "http://homepage.mac.com/asammak/.Pictures/Head-2.jpg"?<br>That didn't work.<br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 04:58 PM

Very strange.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 05:04 PM

it will show up as a broken link, but unedited it shows up normal but only in the control panel.... very odd<br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 08:44 PM

He has to have all that other stuff cause that's where the file is located.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 08:51 PM

I guess so, but the file is actually in the .Pictures folder/directory, isn' it? At least, that's the way I get images up on any site, but giving the /username/.Pictures/imagename.jpg address and nothing more.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 09:13 PM

It works for you because you're not smoking crack and have a friend named "dildo!" <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 09:14 PM

Yeah, do you know him? Dildo, "the Diddler" Daggins.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 09:19 PM

Please don't use that kind of language in here, this is a public forum!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 09:20 PM

A pubic forum? What do you mean, sir?!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/14/02 09:28 PM

All that diddling talk is just completely hilarious, I mean unacceptable! <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/15/02 01:14 PM

Talk about one track minds. Diddle this and diddle that. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/15/02 04:43 PM

Diddle me this, diddle me that, who's afraid of the big - black - bat?<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/15/02 04:57 PM

You're in luck!! The bat is reserved for someone else. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/15/02 05:10 PM

Well.... let me step out of the way then, I don't want to mess up your swing!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/15/02 05:11 PM

And what the H3LL does that have to do with Maya PLE crashing? Diddle me THAT!<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/15/02 05:14 PM

Maya what?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/15/02 05:16 PM

This thread is crashing... I dunno about maya!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/15/02 05:48 PM

Maybe Maya kept crashing on me because I threatened to diddle with it?<br><br><br><br>

Re: Maya PLE crashes!? - 09/15/02 05:59 PM

There is a no-diddle protection code built in to prevent it!!! <br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>