CD/DVD writer?

Posted by: iraszl

CD/DVD writer? - 02/08/04 05:10 AM

I have a friend who has a beige G3 tower with a USB1 card. He wants to get a CD/DVD writer. What do you suggest? It would be nice if the drive would work with iDVD too. Please let me know your opinion. Thanks!<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: CD/DVD writer? - 02/08/04 05:13 AM

It would have to be internal and replace his current drive as USB1 isn't fast enough to run a dvd burner.<br><br>"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: CD/DVD writer? - 02/08/04 07:54 AM

I don't know of any 3rd party drives that work with iDVD anyway. Tell your friend to just save his money and get a new iMac.<br><br> What?<br>Visit My Web Site!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: CD/DVD writer? - 02/08/04 11:35 PM

He should look at the pioneer internal drive A104 or the A105. There is also the new A106.<br><br>Pioneer internal drive<br><br>The price is right too. This drive is available at OWC.<br><br> <blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"I'm not saying that Macs and Linux boxes are no work, but the work, it seems to me, is focused on the solution at hand, rather than the problem of the moment," Frank Steele<p><hr></blockquote><p>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: CD/DVD writer? - 02/10/04 04:46 PM

Wow, the price has come down a lot in the past 2 years. <br><br>