ISO 9660 CD-Rom's

Posted by: johnengler

ISO 9660 CD-Rom's - 06/03/01 03:42 PM

I work at a very PC centric company. We have a website. We are currently running out NT 2000 web logs (I guess they're really IIS logs) through WebTrends, to get some basic reporting out of them, but the contractor that has set up WebTrends for us isn't real bright.<br><br>So, I wanted to bring home the log files, and analyze them through FunnelWeb, a very powerful log analyzer (and something I know).<br><br>so I asked the It department to burn the logs to disk for me (which they did) but they used ISO 9660 formatted CD-Rom's.<br><br>The problem I'm having is getting the ISO 9660 disks readable by my installed CD-ROM Drive. It's just a regualr 24x CD-Rom in my iMac Rev A. I'm running Mac Os 9.1, and have the extensions for "foreign file access" turned on and the "ISO 9660" extension turned on, but every time I insert a disk, it just spins and spins, and then when I try to manually eject it, it tells me that the disk is not a format readable my the Mac OS, and asks if I want to eject or initialize the disk.<br><br>I know that the disks work, cause I can read them through my USB CD-RW (Que) drive, but the transfer speeds over USb are pitifully slow... <br><br>Any tips on what I might do to fix this?<br><br>Coincidentally... the CD-Rom's work in the same drive under Mac OS X.... but I need Mac OS 9 to work with them....<br><br>Oddd... thanks for the help.<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: bdog

Re: ISO 9660 CD-Rom's - 06/03/01 08:41 PM

Here you go (this was updated today!):<br>http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=8017<br><br><br>-- John Bailey (Bdog)

Re: ISO 9660 CD-Rom's - 06/04/01 04:46 AM

bdog.... thanks, I'll try it, but I'm not sure it will work, since the CD's work in a USB drive, and under OS X with the original CD drive.... I'll definitely try it though, and report back to you.<br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: ISO 9660 CD-Rom's - 06/04/01 08:57 AM

didn't go and look at the link but I assume that it is the Joilet volume access and yes this is certainly a very useful file... I used it to help with files that I have downloaded in Mac format but have to be burned in PC format and get workable results everytime since I first installed it. Not sure about your USB issues though.<br><br>..
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: ISO 9660 CD-Rom's - 06/04/01 01:55 PM

The drive being USB should be a non-issue. I'm not sure, it depends on how the drivers are written... if they're "drivers", then damn, but if they're libraries or something.... hm.<br>One way to find out, I suppose.<br><br><br>

Re: ISO 9660 CD-Rom's - 06/04/01 08:04 PM

I don't have an issue with the USB drive at all. It works fine (I love it) it's just slow as hell to copy 600MB of data over USB thanks for the tips/help... I'll report back what I find with the Joliet file from version tracker...<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2