10.3.1 & Quark 6.0

Posted by: tschick

10.3.1 & Quark 6.0 - 12/05/03 09:00 PM

I'm running Mac OS 10.3.1 & Quark 6.0. I'm unable to generate PS files that have custom page sizes. The PS files have 0 KB and won't create PDF files in Distiller. I'm able to generate PS files just fine, if I use a regular page size like letter, legal or tabloid. The thing is, I like creating custom page sizes and its a pain not to be able to do it. The Quark website is no help...anyone else having this problem?<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: 10.3.1 & Quark 6.0 - 12/05/03 11:58 PM

Sorry, I can't help, but FYI we don't like Quark around here. <br><br>"I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman."
Posted by: JohnR

Re: 10.3.1 & Quark 6.0 - 12/06/03 09:27 AM

true, but there are some quark users here, or former ones who might still know. It would be nice if someone could help her out.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: 10.3.1 & Quark 6.0 - 12/06/03 02:12 PM

Quark 6 offered an entire menu of headaches for that steap upgrade price. Unfortunately, you are experiencing just one of the many printing/PDF problems.<br><br>Some of the ideas for solving this that I've seen tossed around (though none of them work 100% of the time for 100% of the people are:<br><br>Try a different PPD file<br>Try "exporting" as a PDF using Quark's built-in PDF ability<br>Try printing to postscript file at a standard size, using Distiller to make the PDF, and Acrobat to crop the PDF when it's finished.<br><br> What?<br>Visit Me!

Re: 10.3.1 & Quark 6.0 - 12/07/03 05:32 AM

Thank you for the work arounds! I tried a couple already and it was strange how sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't. Glad to know it wasn't me.<br><br>I appreciate your help!<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: 10.3.1 & Quark 6.0 - 12/08/03 03:30 AM

No problem. Glad to help.<br><br>Quark has promised a 6.1 update to be released soon (which could mean any time between now and the second coming of Christ) - But keep an eye on MacUpdate for it.<br><br> What?<br>Visit Me!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: 10.3.1 & Quark 6.0 - 12/08/03 04:24 PM

Welcome to the not-so-wonderful world of Quark 6.<br>I take a slightly longer route that what Gizmo has suggested, but it works and allows for more page size flexibility. <br><br> In Page Setup, select Adobe PDF in the Format For dropdown menu<br> In Printer, select Adobe PDF<br> Click Save As PDF.<br><br>

Re: 10.3.1 & Quark 6.0 - 12/09/03 04:18 AM

Thanks for this idea too! It makes a larger PDF then I'd like because I can't create my own PS file and use Distiller to create the small, web-friendly PDF.<br><br>I really appreciate everyone's help. I looked around at some of the other posts hoping to help someone else in return, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything I knew about (read: newbie!). I'll keep trying! :-)<br><br>