Blog recommendation

Posted by: squareman

Blog recommendation - 08/25/03 01:27 PM

Is anyone out there using a blogger either on their Web site or locally on their OS X machine? I'm looking for an easy way to keep a digital journal, whether it be locally or on a Web server. <br><br>While iBlog looks easy to use, it's ultimately a static content generator and I wouldn't be able to use it to build dynamic Web sites as I got more comfortable with it. Anyone have any thoughts on iBlog or any other OS X-friendly bloggers?<br><br><pre>** sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn **</pre><p>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Blog recommendation - 08/25/03 08:54 PM

I like iBlog, but you might want to consider just using a full-blown HTML app like Adobe GoLive.<br><br><br>[color:green]Trying to straddle the fence leaves you with nothing but sore balls.</font color=green>
Posted by: squareman

Re: Blog recommendation - 08/25/03 10:55 PM

Actually just discovered a PHP derivative of Blosxom called PHPosxom. It was as simple as putting index.php into a directory and just fiddling with the variables within that file. Pretty freaking easy. It's not super-duper robust, but for keeping a simple journal, it's pretty cool. <br><br>At some point, I might get into moveable type as a more robust system, but I've been reading that getting the perl for it set up right can be a hassle—and that makes me turn tail and run.<br><br>Personally, I'd avoid the whole GoLive thing. If I'm going the static HTML route, I can just do it straight from BBEdit with PHP files with some includes in them. The reason I wanted a blog program was so I could just add text files to a directory (making so I could add entries from any computer anywhere with an Internet connection).<br><br><pre>** sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn **</pre><p>