applescript excel and quicktime 7

Posted by: wkmanley

applescript excel and quicktime 7 - 11/21/11 12:48 PM

I have programed in basic and made macros in excel but after checking out applescript it seems that my prior knowledge interferes with learning how to use the script. Here is my question is it even possible to do the following in applescript. copy a number from an excel sheet:paste that number in the frame number box in quicktime 7: have Quicktime set the" in" marker at the frame that was inputed. I want to be able to select a number from an excel number grid, and run a script that pastes it into the appropriate place in quicktime and sets an "in" marker and then do the same to set an "out" marker. I've read the applescript dictionary and do not find a reference for either getting the data from excel or pasting it into quicktime. I am using Excel 2011 and Quicktime 7 with OSX 10.6.8 Is it possible to do this?
Posted by: leicaman

Re: applescript excel and quicktime 7 - 08/18/12 11:20 AM

Do you use Apple's editor? You might want to try a demo of Script Debugger from Latenightsoftware. It lets you actually look inside applications as they are running. It's how I've used Photoshop, FileMaker Pro and Numbers to do some, pretty amazing things with embedding metadata into photo files in large numbers automatically. I can't say enough good about Script Debugger. Expensive, but worth it to anyone who needs to do serious work with AppleScript. And they have education discounts!

(I'm not affiliated with Latenightsoftware.)