xcode for Panther?

Posted by: Silver_Moon

xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 04:06 PM

How can I get xcode for 10.3 free? I want to experement.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 04:49 PM

If your Panther is on one DVD the XCode installer may be on the DVD I believe. If it is on 3 CD's the XCode installer is on a separate CD, #4. Even if you have it you'd probably want to make sure you had the latest for Panther anyway, it can be downloaded from here. They are also the latest versions. They are big downloads.

You can download from a PC but you'll have to get the big dmg to the Mac somehow. You'll need to register an ADC user name to get access to the link and downloads. After logging in go to Downloads, then click on Developer Tools on the right. Scroll all the way to the bottom. You'll need to get Xcode Tools v1.5 for Panther. I don't know if you'll need to install v1.2 or v1 before installing Xcode Tools v1.5, can't remember for sure but I think all you'll need is Xcode Tools v1.5 so try it first.

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 04:57 PM

I don't have a disk #4... And I can't fill all that out! I'm not 18! frown is there another way?

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 05:44 PM

You'll have to buy the disc from ebay or something or get your Dad to register for you so you can download.

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 05:57 PM

awww....

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: PChaterosx
I don't have a disk #4... And I can't fill all that out! I'm not 18! frown is there another way?
I just realized, you don't need to be 18. They just ask for Month and Day.

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 06:07 PM

But the address and stuff! My dad will never let me! and company/orgatization?

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 07:45 PM

You have to fill it in but the street address is only used if you need them to ship a disc or something, which costs money, but you can download the stuff anyway so they don't have to ship it. I don't think your Dad would mind, it's educational. If you're serious about trying to learn to program for OS X the ADC site is where to start. Apple Developer Connection.

Re: Your ADD. Obsess on development. Good Developers make good money.

Edit - Oh yeah, make up a company name. If you start developing software what name would you want use? Use that. You can change it later.

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 08:05 PM

I'm downloading it now! grin

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 08:15 PM

I'm downloading it now! grin
cool How are you going to get it to the Mac?

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 08:19 PM

My PSP. it's actually transferring now. (Darn USB 1.1! It's super slow! mad )

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 08:52 PM

My PSP. it's actually transferring now. (Darn USB 1.1! It's super slow! mad )
USB 1 will do up to around 10Mbps Internet actually. It's a big file you're downloading.

How do you get it from the PSP to the Mac?

Re: xcode for Panther? - 10/24/09 09:01 PM

USB connection. I'm running it now, and remember, I can't get internet on my Mac yet because I don't know how? *opens xcode* WHAT THE HECK IS ALLL THIS!? I don't have a clue as to what this stuff means! crazy Hey, while I'm thinking about it, is there any way I can get bomb.app to show off?