Dreamweaver question.

Posted by: Jim_

Dreamweaver question. - 11/02/08 01:35 PM

Whenever I insert an image into a table, after I give it a link, it shows with a border, blue in IE WIndows, red in Firefox, but no border in Safari. I have to go to the Properties window and make it a 0 border. There is nothing showing in the border window size before I enter 0 but there is a blue border.<br><br>This is a page done from an html dwt template. I did make the template from a page that was done in MS Visual Studio. Their web guys are out of business so I had to suck down the pages, they want a quick redo, no redesign. I looked in the code for the tables and see nothing about color, and cell border is set to 0 in the code. Maybe something else buried in the page code but it's beyond me.<br><br>I can get this done by tomorrow by putting in 0, but I'd like to know for future reference if it's something I did, or something that wouldn't show up in a fresh made template.<br><br>Any ideas? Need the template?<br><br>I can't find where to set the link color for images.<br><br>Thx<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Reboot on 11/02/08 01:39 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: Dreamweaver question. - 11/02/08 10:45 PM

CSS could solve it, but without CSS, I believe it's long been the default for linked images that don't say otherwise to be rendered with a border that indicates a link. So you have to specify the zero. (I wasn't aware that Safari behaved differently.)<br><br>I don't think you did anything wrong.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>STROGG: Change We Can Believe In<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Dreamweaver question. - 11/03/08 09:28 AM

Thx, I had looked all through the Help files and Preferences but couldn't see any default behavior setting.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Dreamweaver question. - 11/04/08 08:56 AM

It's a real pain, but I don't believe there is a way to have it default to "0" when you're doing straight HTML. As already stated, you can do it with CSS - but that's probably more than you wish to take on.<br><br>