Web site sucking programs?

Posted by: Jim_

Web site sucking programs? - 07/12/08 03:28 PM

Minds out of the gutter.<br><br>Anyone know of a Mac based app for pulling down a web site's content? I tried Sitesucker, it's Active Server Pages support is flaky, it renames the .asp files to something other than what they were. The downloaded site works but there a bunch of poorly numbered files, and it has trouble parsing some text. The symbol is pooched everywhere. It's all fixable but time consuming. I also tried Web Dumper, it does the text fine, but it just doesn't do the .asp according to the feedback on the forums there. I've seen where there is something called WebWhacker for Windows that does .asp so I downloaded and will try a trial, if I have to, I hate to have to use Windows.<br><br>I have a customer whose web people went out of business, Streamlinewebhosting.net, and they have no idea of ftp passwords etc for the site, the web company took care of it all. They were freaking thinking they would have to pay someone again to design the site. All I need to do is buy an app they're thrilled.<br><br>Thx<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Web site sucking programs? - 07/12/08 03:40 PM

Blue Crab?<br><br>I have no personal experience with it, so I can neither recommend nor condemn it.<br><br>