Safari 3.1: "Develop" menu?

Posted by: Nagromme

Safari 3.1: "Develop" menu? - 04/05/08 08:45 AM

There's a new checkbox in Safari's Advanced prefs to show "Develop" in the menu bar. Is this new in 3.1, or previously hidden, or is it because I have the dev tools installed and I just never noticed before?<br><br>This "Develop" menu is loaded with cool goodies, like being able to open the same page in any other browser. Very nice for testing pages! And when that same checkbox is enabled, right-clicking in a page brings up other new stuff, like "Inspect Element," which offers a very slick and sophisticated interface.<br><br>How did I miss this?<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Safari 3.1: "Develop" menu? - 04/05/08 08:56 AM

It used to be called the debug menu and you had to do some Terminal stuff or use a third party app to invoke it.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: Safari 3.1: "Develop" menu? - 04/05/08 08:58 AM

I see. I heard of the Debug menu and never tried it. Nice that it's there for everyone now.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Safari 3.1: "Develop" menu? - 04/05/08 09:21 AM

Wow, these programs got so much better than when they were "debug". Network Timeliner has an excellent graphic of everything that loads off a page. Easy way to find what is slowing down a page. Thanks for pointing that out.<br><br>
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: Safari 3.1: "Develop" menu? - 04/05/08 02:21 PM

I always had the former "Debug" menu activated in Safari (prior to v3.1).<br><br>My farorite aspect about it is the "User Agent" submenu where you can trick some pro-micro$oft site into thinking that you're using IE on a PC... <br><br><br>My Wii: 5721 8516 7937 9434 (PM me if you Wii)
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Safari 3.1: "Develop" menu? - 04/05/08 05:18 PM

The Web Inspector can be VERY useful if you're trying to learn how to work with CSS or HTML. <br><br>