domain name question..

Posted by: OSXaddict

domain name question.. - 02/01/03 10:25 AM

OK..so I have this domain name and a webhost that I like. Question is..I was thinking of changing my domain name to something else.<br><br>Can I register a new domain name and have it point to my webhost and drop the other one? I know that it would cost me whatever to register a new one. But I was wondering if it was possible? And if so, how to change it? <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: domain name question.. - 02/01/03 11:33 AM

Services like NameSecure will do that for you. Web and email forwarding.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: domain name question.. - 02/01/03 11:39 AM

Hmm..getting some error message when I go to http://www.namesecure.com<br>Internal Server Error<br> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.<br><br> Please contact the server administrator, support@namesecure.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.<br><br> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: domain name question.. - 02/01/03 11:49 AM

You should contact your web host. Most times, you can just register the new domain name from them, and they will set it up to do what you want.<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: steveg

Re: domain name question.. - 02/01/03 11:57 AM

I noticed that. Might be down for maintenance. At least their forwarding servers are up.<br><br>