"Microsoft C++ Library"

Posted by: johnengler

"Microsoft C++ Library" - 08/25/01 01:12 PM

Hey guys, I'm starting to do some HTML development again, and I can't get MSIE 4.01 to work on my machine any more, cause I inadvertently threw away the "Microsoft C++ Library" extension at some point in the past....<br><br>does anyone have this extension laying around somewhere? I'd rather just dl the extension than go through my archive of MacAddict CD's to find the old installer...<br><br>thanks folks <br><br>if you have it, please just upload it to your idisk and I'll dl it if you don't have a place to upload it that I can pull from some other way <br><br>thanks...<br><br>***<br>"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"<br> --Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: "Microsoft C++ Library" - 08/25/01 03:02 PM

I have the MS C++ Library (PPC)<br><br>It is here<br><br>if works let me know if not i will keep looking i am at work right now and we should have it somewhere around here<br><br>Oni<br><br>We got death star, We got death star

Re: "Microsoft C++ Library" - 08/26/01 05:19 AM

Ok, thanks so much Oni... it worked, but... I guess that there is a whole set up extensions that MSIE 4.01 needs to run, cause it now asks for the "Microsoft Parser Engine" or something of that nature... <br><br>I might just start looking for the installers <br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"<br> --Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>

Re: "Microsoft C++ Library" - 08/26/01 08:29 AM

FWIW, I dug out te installer from an old MacAddict CD, or from an old "Software Volume" that I have laying around here somewhere...<br><br>It works, but did anyone remember that MSIE 4.01 doesn't support folders in the toolbar favorites? heh... makes me laugh at what I take for granted now...<br><br>Also, 4.01 renders pages so much faster than MSIE 5.0 it's rediculous... makes me want to go back to 4.01 for most of my browsing... though it seems to have a major memory leak or something...<br><br>thanks for the help Oni... if any of you are budding web developers, let me know and I can put the installer up for you to download somewhere (it's 21 MB).<br><br>***<br>"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"<br> --Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>