Ruby?

Posted by: OSXaddict

Ruby? - 09/23/05 02:32 AM

Apple today issues Security Update 2005-008 via its Mac OS X's Software Update . This update includes the following components: ImageIO, LibSystem, Mail, QuickDraw, Ruby, SecurityAgent, <br><br>What's Ruby?<br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: Ruby? - 09/23/05 04:39 AM

Do a man on ruby in the terminal and:<br><br>NAME<br> ruby -- Interpreted object-oriented scripting language<br><br>SYNOPSIS<br> ruby [--copyright] [--version] [-Sacdlnpswvy] [-0[octal]] [-C directory]<br> [-F pattern] [-I directory] [-K c] [-T[level]] [-e command]<br> [-i[extension]] [-r library] [-x[directory]] [--] [program_file]<br> [argument ...]<br><br>DESCRIPTION<br> Ruby is an interpreted scripting language for quick and easy object-ori-<br> ented programming. It has many features to process text files and to do<br> system management tasks (as in Perl). It is simple, straight-forward,<br> and extensible.<br><br> If you want a language for easy object-oriented programming, or you don't<br> like the Perl ugliness, or you do like the concept of LISP, but don't<br> like too much parentheses, Ruby may be the language of your choice.<br><br>"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Ruby? - 09/29/05 03:19 PM

Ruby on rails is the sizzling hot programming setup now. I've watched some demos and it really is amazing.<br><br>creativebits / adsoftheworld
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Ruby? - 09/29/05 05:18 PM

Here ya go.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.