HTML help

Posted by: RubenC

HTML help - 11/18/02 10:35 AM

I'm a newbie when it comes to HTML, so what are the best reference sources in terms of books, to learn quick-n-easy?<br><br>[color:blue]All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure - Mark Twain</font color=blue>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: HTML help - 11/18/02 11:13 AM

Go get yourself a 'Visual Quickstart Guide' by PeachPit Press, and then when you've mastered that go and get the 'HTML Bible' (not sure of publisher)...<br><br>Between the two of those books, I taught myself HTML code pretty well and then I moved on to the WYSIWYG programs such as GoLive and Dreamweaver. But you need that HTML foundation to get anywhere in this business.<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: HTML help - 11/18/02 11:32 AM

Yeah, I was looking at the PeachPit Press books, I just wanted to be sure they were up to date compared to others. last time I used Dreamweaver was a couple of years ago, is that still the program of choice?<br><br>[color:blue]All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure - Mark Twain</font color=blue>

Re: HTML help - 11/18/02 02:01 PM

Dreamweaver, IMHO and a couple of others on this board too, is the best of the bunch. It doesn't mess with the HTML code as much as, say, a FrontPage or a GoLive.<br><br>It also has a lot better interface in my opinion...<br><br>Those quickstart guides RULE. Anytime I want to learn a new program or a new language, I get one of those books...<br><br>Good luck!<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: HTML help - 11/18/02 03:42 PM

Hey Ruben - I'm also a complete HTML newbie - I picked up Teach Yourself Visually - HTML. You might want to check this book out, too. ClickHere. <br><br>[color:red]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.</font color=red><br>

Re: HTML help - 11/18/02 04:12 PM

How do you like it so far? I was considering "Learning Web Design : A Beginner's Guide to HTML, Graphics, and Beyond" along with "HTML for the World Wide Web with XHTML and CSS".<br><br>[color:blue]All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure - Mark Twain</font color=blue>
Posted by: lesh

Re: HTML help - 11/19/02 11:39 AM

I looked at several in the bookstore - just wanted something that wasn't too wordy - this is - as it says - visual - lots of screen shots & diagrams. But it covers a wide range of topics. I'm not looking to get too far into web design though - just want to learn some basic HTML for simple web pages - so this suits me fine. <br><br>[color:red]If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?</font color=red><br>

Re: HTML help - 11/19/02 01:14 PM

Or, you could hire ME and I'll give a slam-bang site that looks good and loads fast too! <br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: HTML help - 11/19/02 01:59 PM

Yes... I noticed in your other post your web design work looks awesome. But right now I want to get a resonable working knowledge before I pursue this further. I'll definitely keep you in mind DaddyMac.<br><br>[color:blue]All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure - Mark Twain</font color=blue>