ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver...

Posted by: DaddyMac

ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 07:54 AM

Ok, what I would normally do when I constructed pages is to map out the tables using slices and guides in ImageReady, then only select the slices I needed and export those slices, then re-open the HTML in Dreamweaver. <br><br>I'd gradually piece together all the mini-tables until I got what I wanted.<br><br>Now, and this is royally pissing me off, ImageReady SAYS it's exporting only my 'selected' slices into a table, but when I open the table/HTML in Dreamweaver, I'll get ALL the slices on the page instead of just the slices I marked for export in IR. Anyone else have this problem? It's a HUGE waste of time that I have to go back into the HTML now and eliminate extra rows and columns- sometimes it even f*cks with the whole table itself...<br><br>I don't know what setting I'm missing, as I already indicated in the IR Export dialog box that I only wanted the slices exported that I selected...<br><br>WTF?<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 08:20 AM

not sure what you are doing wrong because i just tried and it only exported the selected slices.<br><br>where do you select the slices, i selected them in the rollovers palette. are you by any chance selecting them with the marquee tool?<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 08:24 AM

I select the slices I want with the arrow tool (shift or command to select multiple), then I go to 'Save Optimized for Web' under the file menu.<br><br>I do any rollover stuff in Dreamweaver- I don't trust IR for that...<br><br>Maybe you can list what you did so I can try that method for myself?<br> <br><br>

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 09:30 AM

well, after selecting the slices i go save optimized as... and select:<br>format: html and images<br>settings: default<br>slices: selected slices<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 11:27 AM

I believe that's what I did but I may have to check again...<br><br>I might have done 'images only', which is what always worked for me in PS7 and down...<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 11:39 AM

Also make sure you are using the Slice Select tool, not the regular arrow tool<br><br> What?<br>Visit My Web Site!

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 11:43 AM

I believe I did- all I know is that the slices I wanted to export were in full color, and all the rest were kinda ghosted out- so I assume I was using the 'slice select tool' <br><br>
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 12:49 PM

Sh!t I'm struggling with CyberStudio's aka Adobe GoLive's CS curve into OSX...<br><br>The App is highly user friendly<br>wish they had the collapsable tabs like GL5.0/OS9 version<br>occasional crashes when open with TextEdit in tandem, weird.<br>nice and easy menus made from MenuMachine...<br><br>and that's the extent of my web-building<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 03:06 PM

GoLive CS does have collapsable tabs. And yes, MenuMachine is freakin awesome!<br><br> What?<br>Visit My Web Site!

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/12/04 05:49 PM

No dice. I'm doing everything you did and a few more things, and I still get a whole page with ALL the slices- only the ones I've selected have images in them, but I don't want the empty ones to appear at all...<br><br>

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/13/04 01:05 AM

I've opened the output settings/slices window for you as a reference, maybe there is something that needs to be set back to default? See the details, you might find something you are doing differently...<br><br><br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>

Re: ImageReady CS & Dreamweaver... - 01/14/04 08:48 AM

Well, I *sort of* figured it out- turns out the new ImageReady has this feature that lets you group a bunch of selected slices into a 'table' right in ImagReady...<br><br>When you're ready to export, make sure that table in IR is selected, then hit 'Save Optimized As' & export the images and HTML. I still get all the other empty slices in my HTML page, but the table I need is isolated within an empty cell, and I can copy & paste it into another document...<br><br>It's not perfect, but it's better than having to readjust the whole damn table afterwards...<br><br>