Am I insane?

Posted by: Calion

Am I insane? - 01/24/13 04:17 PM

So the time has finally come; NUDC's inability to sync with my iPhone has forced me to move. And I've moved to Now X.

Am I nuts? Is this an awful idea? I've been using NUD, and then NUDC, since 1992; my entire life is in there. Is there anything I should be aware of? I'm using Snow Leopard. Is Now X going to break when I move to Mountain Lion? Should I just forget it and buy BusyCal and limp along with Address Book (yuk)?

Most importantly, is there anyone who still knows anything about this product hanging around in case I run into trouble?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Am I insane? - 01/24/13 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Calion
So the time has finally come; NUDC's inability to sync with my iPhone has forced me to move. And I've moved to Now X.

Am I nuts? Is this an awful idea? I've been using NUD, and then NUDC, since 1992; my entire life is in there. Is there anything I should be aware of? I'm using Snow Leopard. Is Now X going to break when I move to Mountain Lion? Should I just forget it and buy BusyCal and limp along with Address Book (yuk)?
Move on, it's been dead for 3 years now. I'm sure 10.7 breaks it.
Quote:
Most importantly, is there anyone who still knows anything about this product hanging around in case I run into trouble?
I doubt that. If you browse these NOW forums it's been ages since anyone has responded with anything helpful.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Am I insane? - 01/25/13 06:41 AM

With all due respect.. you knew they went out of business 3 years ago... what were you expecting?
Posted by: Calion

Re: Am I insane? - 01/25/13 08:42 AM

I'm not *expecting* anything; I'm *hoping* I can make Now X work for me, and was wondering if anyone here was having success doing that.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Am I insane? - 01/25/13 10:24 AM

Like I said above Calion, if you browse these NOW forums it's been ages since anyone has responded, much less with anything helpful. There are some alternatives to the product but you'll have to do the legwork and browse the posts, I can't give any specifics off the top of my head. I was never a NOW product user.

The fact that you even have it working with 10.6 is lucky. Again my suggestion is if you ever want to upgrade software and hardware you'll need to move to something else. The NOW forums were migrated here when the site closed. None of the regulars to the applecentral forums use it. The NOW forums were put here just as a reference.

Sorry about your plight but you need to find an alternative if you ever want to upgrade the OS.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Am I insane? - 01/28/13 06:10 PM

Sorry Calion. I have had software that was no longer supported.
Frustrating as all hell.
You're beating a dead horse.
Posted by: cvbcvb

Re: Am I insane? - 03/20/13 11:24 PM

Calion, yes you are insane. Now X is junk.