Airport

Posted by: lislaz

Airport - 08/26/03 09:11 PM

Just got the old (802.11b) base station of my mom's and I tried to get it working. The card in my PB recognized it but I didn't know the password. My mom can't remember it either but she said it was public. I've tried that and every other possible password she uses.<br><br>I got a great suggestion to just reboot it so I did. Got directions to directly connect the base to the PB with an ethernet cable, redid the TCP configuration, pressed the reset button....everything. <br><br>I got to the point where my Airport Asst was scanning for stations and couldn't find mine. It still won't. It will when I remove the cable from the station and plug it back into the cable modem (box). But then it continues to ask for a password. AAAARGH!<br><br>help!<br><br>
Posted by: PointBreak

Re: Airport - 08/27/03 05:00 AM

Lisa I would love to help but I am not an airport user but I know how lonely it is to post and have no replies. So to make sure you feel loved here is a reply <br><br>Need a laugh? Visit CreatorDude.com
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Airport - 08/27/03 08:20 AM

I forget what the default password is, but I have an Airport Extreme basestation at home. I'll look in the manual when I get home.<br><br>If after that, it still doesn't work, hold down the reset button for five seconds, it will erase all settings. Then put them in again and try again.<br><br>

Re: Airport - 08/27/03 10:50 AM

Awwwwww....thanks! <br><br>How is the magna-theater system working out? Those eensy weensy 36 inch tvs must look microscopic to you now!<br><br>
Posted by: Morom

Re: Airport - 08/27/03 04:09 PM

This should help<br><br>http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=50892<br><br>----<br>A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.

Re: Airport - 08/28/03 10:10 AM

Thanks! Will try that. At the rate I'm pressing down on that reset button, I'd better get some sort of connection. It pains me that I have a fully functioning Airport base station and I can't get it work!<br><br>

Re: Airport - 09/01/03 11:41 AM

Thanks for everyone's help -- I gave up. I'm bringing it in to the Apple store tonight (thank god I found time). <br><br>