Airport question

Posted by: SmilesLots

Airport question - 07/01/08 06:40 AM

I have an Airport gigabit extreme that ever since updating the firmware has the blinking yellow light, which I think means something is wrong. But the weird thing is I am able to connect to the internet - hence this post.<br><br>When I use the Airport utility, there are about 10 other Airports that show in the left hand column. So I'm guessing that my airport must be connecting with one of them somehow. But it does not seem to show up in the utility window. Weird to me. And hints or ideas appreciated. TIA.<br><br>Stuff
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Airport question - 07/01/08 09:20 AM

Have you tried resetting the base station?<br><br>http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1406?viewlocale=en_US<br><br>After the reset name it something unique so you'll know which one is yours.<br><br>You can see which network you're connecting to by looking under the Airport icon in the menu bar.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: SmilesLots

Re: Airport question - 07/01/08 11:05 AM

Hey thanks. I also got the same idea over on Apple's discussions. And I am most happy to say that it worked. Did a new network setup, fumbled through that one, but all is ok now. Much appreciated.<br><br>Stuff