Servers changing

Posted by: neil

Servers changing - 06/05/08 04:59 PM

Evening all.<br><br>As you saw from Julie's post, we're going to have a home for the Cafe. We are in the process of changing over servers, and the old data will be replicated so that nothing is lost.<br><br>BUT, if you happen to make a post while the transition happens -- it's possible that a new post may be lost.<br><br>Because of DNS propagation times, we cannot time the changeover precisely -- and therefore, thought it best to just simply let you know what's up ... so that you wouldn't wonder if a post or two disappear.<br><br>Drop a line if you have any questions.<br><br>Neil Ticktin<br>Editor-in-Chief/Publisher<br>MacTech Magazine<br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: Servers changing - 06/05/08 05:03 PM

how long do you think it will be until the transition is over?<br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: neil

Re: Servers changing - 06/05/08 05:09 PM

We're close to making the switch -- we have a staging server already running all the MacMinute code now. Just doing some testing and such.<br><br>Once we switch the DNS, it depends on how long it takes to propagate -- but it should be hours, not days.<br><br>You should continue to use the Cafe as you normally would. There's just a slight possibility that during the DNS propagation time, posts will get posted to the older server and not make it to the new one.<br><br>I'll make another post when we've started the DNS propagation. <br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Neil<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: Servers changing - 06/05/08 05:37 PM

Excellent! Thanks for rescuing us! <br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Servers changing - 06/05/08 05:45 PM

Thanks for saving us indeed!<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Servers changing - 06/05/08 07:02 PM

Great!<br><br>Oh, I am subscriber to MacTech already...just received my June 2008 issue.<br><br>_______<br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Servers changing - 06/05/08 10:27 PM

Thanks for the update.<br><br>Do *we* say welcome Neil, or is it the other way around? <br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game