AirportX tips sought

Posted by: macbeemer

AirportX tips sought - 01/08/08 05:28 AM

My setup has been vexing me for a while. I've tried a lot of things, in the quest for speed, but end up always with the beachball. What have you got? I don't think I have a unique or even uncommon setup. Comcast cable comes into the room and enters the cable modem, which sends the signal to the AX via ethernet cable. The signal is then received, six feet away, by my albook, and upstairs by the boss's iBook. When the kids are home, we have a few more sharing, but the number of computers on the network seems to have very little effect on speed. I thought it might have been something i mis-set in my computer, so I now have the ethernet from the cable modem going right into the lappy, and it is blazing. So, somewhere along the line, I must have put the brakes on the wireless somehow. What do you think? (keep it simple - it's going to be 73 here today, and I'd like to get outside for a canoe ride.) !! : ) <br><br><br><br><br>Coming to terms with the notion that life is dynamic.
Posted by: ichi

Re: AirportX tips sought - 01/08/08 06:52 AM

havw you tried a total reset of the AX? (i think there are two forms of reset.)<br><br>i am assuming it is completely up-to-date afa firmware/software, etc.<br>'<br>'oh remember by usign ethernet you bypass internal aiport card, so mb that is the problem. yes, sounds like it to me --via moring tea leaves.<br><br>[color:blue]ichi</font color=blue><br><br>[color:green]peace</font color=green><br><br>[color:red]in times of peace, the warlike man attacks himself.</font color=red>