help with airport stuff.

Posted by: scaught

help with airport stuff. - 09/26/01 07:39 AM

i pretty much know nothing about networking or IPs or any of that. please be gentle.<br><br>we have an imac at home which is connected to the internet with @home high speed internet. we are looking to get a laptop for school/wandering internet use. my understanding is that you just need 2 airport cards and theyll talk to each other, our imac being the "base station". do we need a hub or a router or any of that stuff or just the 2 airport cards? would both computers have the same IP then if theyre both running the same internet connection? <br><br>
Posted by: bdog

Re: help with airport stuff. - 09/26/01 09:21 AM

Well, they can't have the same IP, and I don't know if you can route through a base station via a card in a comp. Someone else will have to help you further.<br><br>--John Bailey( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>Email Me ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com
Posted by: johnengler

Re: help with airport stuff. - 09/26/01 03:41 PM

yes it'll work, Misha can tell you how if he wants to... I know that he's set it up to work using a PowerMac G4 and an iBook and a PowerBook G4....<br><br>there should be directions for it in Apple's Knowledge base as well...<br><br>***<br>"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"<br> --Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>