Default airport network on startup?

Posted by: padmavyuha

Default airport network on startup? - 10/17/07 12:09 AM

Somewhere along the update line in the last few months, my MBP stopped automatically connecting to my default airport wifi network when it starts up. I have to go and manually connect it after startup has completed, which makes startup take ages, as there are a couple of apps that check for updates around then. Apart from updates, the only other thing that has changed that might cause this is that my neighbour now has a wifi network, so there are 2 to choose from on my menu, but I've never tried to connect to his.<br><br>Can anyone tell me what settings I need enabled so that Tiger automatically connects to the default wifi (or the one it was last using) on startup?<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Default airport network on startup? - 10/17/07 08:00 AM

It looks like you just have to have it at the top of your list in the network preferences (make sure that preferred networks are selected).<br><br>If that isn't working my next guess is that you have a corrupt preference file that needs to be re-created.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Default airport network on startup? - 10/17/07 03:35 PM

I think you were right about the prefs - I tried setting it up as you suggested above, and the first time round it didn't connect, so then I tried changing the protocol to WEP, and re-entered the password. When I clicked Apply Now it changed the protocol back to WPA Personal, but when I restarted it logged straight into the network.<br><br>Thanks - startup takes 1/3 less time now, because nothing is looping waiting for the network access!<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>