Controllable Wireless Speed

Posted by: walzuhair

Controllable Wireless Speed - 06/22/07 02:20 AM

The MacBook Pro uses the wireless standard 802.11n.<br>Does anybody know of a way for me to set it to something slower? like G or B?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Waleed<br><br>...<br>** DigitalEye **
Posted by: DLC

Re: Controllable Wireless Speed - 06/22/07 08:35 AM

Hows that MB Pro working out for you ?<br><br>I thought it automatically did that, and goes at the fastest speed it can... example you have an 802.11n frequency - It'll go the fastest... get into a 802.11g environment... it'll go that speed... <br>get into a 802.11b environment... it'll go that speed... <br><br>it's automatic I thought. Don't know if you can.. or even have to manually set it.<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Controllable Wireless Speed - 06/22/07 08:57 AM

Yeah like DLC says it will connect at the slower speeds automatically.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Controllable Wireless Speed - 06/22/07 09:33 AM

Every now and then, it freezes for a second or two, as it renegotiates the speed, as I'm on a mixed environment of b, g, and n.. Since I'm the only one with n, I thought I can avoid these annoying pauses by manually lowering my connective to g or even b..<br><br>As for the MacBook Pro, I think Apple did an amazing job with Rosetta and the transition from PowerPC to Intel Core 2 Duo.. It's almost flawless.. After I upgraded to Photoshop CS3 (Universal binary), I'm cutting my photo post processing times considerably.<br><br>...<br>** DigitalEye **
Posted by: DLC

Re: Controllable Wireless Speed - 06/22/07 10:44 AM

..."I'm cutting my photo post processing times considerably."<br><br>$$$ in the Bank !! <br><br>Good to hear about the MB Pro- I'm in the market soon.<br><br><br>David (OFI)