Airport Extreme

Posted by: yoyo52

Airport Extreme - 01/19/07 12:29 PM

I thought this would be easy to set up, but it ain't.<br><br>The serious problem I have is that the computers will not see the new Airport Extreme base station. I dobn't know if that's because the computers have all been set up to connect to my D-Link wireless network, but I doubt it--the Automatic option should pick up a new signal without fiddling with the IP settings, shouldn't it? But on the assumption that the problem is about the previous settings, does anyone know what the default IP address is for the base stations? I should say that I got this thing second-hand, and it didn't come with any documentation, but I've downloaded the set up guides from the Apple site--and they give you absolutely no information at all about defaults <br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Airport Extreme - 01/19/07 12:43 PM

10.0.1.1 - default AE address.<br><br>You may need to trash some network prefs, both for the D-Link and the AE, at this point. Also, restart all Macs before (hopefully) gaining automatic access. At that point, it'll be time to read through the manual for setting up a custom configuration.<br><br>- alec -

Re: Airport Extreme - 01/19/07 12:58 PM

Thanks. The damned thing had been set up already, so I did a reset and then it came up OK. Now my problem is that it won't connect to the internet. I'll putz with it some more and see what happens.<br><br>

Re: Airport Extreme - 01/19/07 01:33 PM

It still won't connect to the internet .<br><br>Everything else works fine. I can't figure it out <br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Airport Extreme - 01/19/07 02:15 PM

Did you use the Airport Setup Assistant or Airport Admin Utility? In the Admin Utility, confirm your ISP settings are correct.<br><br>- alec -
Posted by: steveg

Re: Airport Extreme - 01/19/07 02:47 PM

Open the Network prefs, select Network Port Configurations, drag AirPort to the top, Built-in Ethernet below it, check both, and uncheck Internal Modem. <br><br>In the AirPort pane, select Join a Specific Network, and make sure you have the right network and password entered. And under the TCP/IP tab, make sure those settings are entered correctly.<br><br>See if any of that that helps.<br><br>

Re: Airport Extreme - 01/19/07 02:48 PM

It's working now. I had to reboot the cable modem--that's all.<br><br>