11g wireless pc card for tibook 400MHz/tiger?

Posted by: padmavyuha

11g wireless pc card for tibook 400MHz/tiger? - 10/06/06 10:36 AM

Hmm - I posted this this morning and it slipped out for a drink and never came back, so...<br><br>I'm looking for a pcmcia wireless 11g card that'll work on my tibook (15" G4 400MHz) with tiger. The thing is, I want one in the UK. If I were in the US, Macwireless would be the obvious choice, but I can't find a supplier over here. Does anyone know of a commonly available model that plays nicely with tiger?<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: 11g wireless pc card for tibook 400MHz/tiger? - 10/06/06 12:25 PM

The only software I know of that works with X is good only for "b" cards. If you're interested, check out the software here. That'll work nicely with WaveLAN cards, which are often up for sale on eBay.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: 11g wireless pc card for tibook 400MHz/tiger? - 10/06/06 02:07 PM

Thanks - I came across that (and an opensource driver) in my extensive trawl of the web (can you trawl a web with a net? ...shudder...) anyway, I finally found something (through the OtherWorldComputing site) - a pc card made by Buffalo that OWC say will work natively with 10.3 and upwards. I just bought one on eBay for 16 including postage ($30?) and if it works, that'd be great. When the time comes to sell my tibook and get a newer mac - when I get my student card later this month, I hope - this should make the tibook more sellable, but meanwhile I need wifi because as part of the AGM of the charity I work for, we need to do skpe conferencing with my colleague who's moved to Portsmouth NH!<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: 11g wireless pc card for tibook 400MHz/tiger? - 10/06/06 02:39 PM

Cool. The WaveLAN cards worked with the Airport software back in pre-X days.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!