d-link router

Posted by: Leslie

d-link router - 03/19/06 03:06 PM

First off, the router address showing up in the system preferences has added 99 to the end of the address. This cannot be physically changed. Secondly, we get as far as "to view this page etc. etc" requires a name which should be "admin" and no password. My emac will not accept this info.<br>Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: d-link router - 03/19/06 07:08 PM

What kind of connection are you making with the router? If it's DHCP, you're right, you can't change anything. If you change the connection on the Network control pane to manual, you can type in the router IP address and the subnet mask, and you can type in what you want. So what kind of connection are you making?<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: d-link router - 03/19/06 08:57 PM

Thanks Yoyo. I can see how that works. I am setting up the wireless for a friend to use while they are at my house. I will still be using my line connection. Do you think changing that info will be ok for my connection also?<br><br>

Re: d-link router - 03/19/06 09:13 PM

You can set the Control Pane to manual and it will still receive the signal from the router.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: d-link router - 03/20/06 08:35 AM

I really like the performance of D-Link routers, but they have a problem using Safari to configure it, use Firefox. Sometime in Safari buttons don't click.<br><br>

Re: d-link router - 03/20/06 09:40 AM

You're right about that, Reboot. The last version of IE for Mac also doesn't work so well--I think the D-Links need newer versions. Bu Firefox does the job.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: d-link router - 03/20/06 09:59 AM

I think it's Safari's fault actually. I use it mainly, but still need to revert to FF for things like this. I'm kind of disappointed with Apple, Safari is still not up to par, yet a small group developing FF can get it right.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: d-link router - 03/20/06 12:21 PM

Bah, I have a D-Link and have never had a problem using Safari to make changes. Same with my sister's DI-624.<br><br>[color:purple] st911.org</font color=purple>

Re: d-link router - 03/20/06 12:25 PM

It should all be DHCP. I bought my first wireless router in '01 when I got my first laptop. I literally took the D-Link router out of the box. Plugged it in to the outlet and the cable modem into it. Turned on AirPort and voila I was connected wirelessly to the internet. <br><br>[color:purple] st911.org</font color=purple>

Re: d-link router - 03/20/06 09:17 PM

Thanks for all this info. Will find out in the next few days when we try it again. Will keep all posted. <br>Take care.<br><br>

Re: d-link router - 03/30/06 09:53 AM

Everything went smoothly with Safari.<br>Thanks.<br><br>

Re: d-link router - 03/30/06 02:00 PM

As expected. <br><br>

Re: d-link router - 03/31/06 05:08 AM

With the DI-524 the Wireless section under Home does not respond to Safari on either my laptop or tower.<br><br>

Re: d-link router - 03/31/06 08:18 AM

Do you have the latest firmware? And Safari 2.0.3?<br><br>