10.3.9 Network woes

Posted by: charlie

10.3.9 Network woes - 09/27/05 12:18 PM

Hi,<br>My friend is running 10.3.9 and twice now her wireless connection has gone down. The first time I tried most things, including plugging it directly into the router but it couldn't get an IP address from it. Also tried manual IP address instead of DHCP.<br><br>In the end, I trashed the pref file and all worked fine.<br>This time, however, I don't have the machine in front of me, and I can't work out which file to trash (it's phone support). Also, this shouldn't really be happening often, right? <br>So, can anyone running 10.3.9 check for me to see where exactly the network pref file is and what it is called? <br>BTW, she just installed the latest security update.<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: 10.3.9 Network woes - 09/28/05 04:11 PM

com.apple.networkConfig.plist<br>com.apple.PrefPane.Network.(a number here).plist<br>com.apple.NetworkDiagnostics.plist<br><br>One of these?<br><br>
Posted by: charlie

Re: 10.3.9 Network woes - 09/29/05 03:59 AM

I was on my way around to fix it and I got a call. It's fixed itself. I still need to find out the problem as it has happened before, but this time, after getting off another network (which worked fine), my friend got home the PowerBook asked to update it's keychain access. Should've done that right after the security update I guess. But hey. At least it works.<br>I didn't get my glass of wine in payment, though!<br><br>