Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Desktop keyboa

Posted by: iRock

Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Desktop keyboa - 05/07/05 05:43 PM

Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Desktop keyboard<br><br>I had to grab this in a pinch for Mom. Does anyone have one of these? How about the eject button for the CD tray? I don't see one. Can this be programmed?<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Desktop keyboa - 05/07/05 05:53 PM

Sure can. <br><br>I had this for a few days...had to take it back 'cause I didn't like it. Nice keyboard though. <br><br>As I recall, you have to go into the software and disable whatever shortcut they have assigned to that key, and it's not by key number. Look for "cut", "copy" "paste" and so on. It's a headache, but it can be programmed to all work just the way you want it to. Same with Expose and Dashboard. <br><br>

Re: Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Desktop keyboa - 05/07/05 06:01 PM

Thanks great Mom is going to have to do it herself. She has trouble with copy/paste.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Desktop keyboa - 05/07/05 06:05 PM

The only key that MS keyboard cannot reproduce is the decrease brightness key. As I recall one of the keys will increase it, but not the opposite. So she'll just have to use the on-screen controls for that. <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Desktop keyboa - 05/07/05 06:05 PM

I remember that<br><br>

Re: Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Desktop keyboa - 05/09/05 12:31 AM

I was thinking since Mom got her eMac back from repair and couldn't type, it would be prudent to give her a regular kb. She was kind of intimidated by the beast anyway. So I sent the one off my iMac home with her and I am using the MS one. It is different from the one you got Bry. Most everything was set up fine. No problems. I only had to change a couple of things. Since the iMac is slot load, I don't have to worry about it but there appears to be one marked media. Thanks for the help offer though.<br><br>