airport signal interference

Posted by: garyW

airport signal interference - 04/07/05 08:59 AM

I just set up an airport base station with roadrunner cable and connected easily with my G5 and iBook.<br><br>When my 2.4GHz telephone is in use it cuts the airport connection. How do I circumvent this interference? <br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: airport signal interference - 04/07/05 09:21 AM

Change the channel the airport is using this should solve the problem (2.4ghz phones and airport use the same frequency range)<br><br>"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman
Posted by: garyW

Re: airport signal interference - 04/07/05 09:36 AM

Okay. from my G5's Airport Admin utility I'll change it to another channel, it was set to 'automatic'. Any channel is good or are there some that are more likely to overlap the telephone? <br><br>thanks<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: airport signal interference - 04/07/05 09:44 AM

6 is the default. Usy any other one.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: airport signal interference - 04/07/05 09:46 AM

Good luck with that!<br><br>We had the same problem. Switched channels on the phone and eventually it worked but it would lose it and cut off our internet after a day or two.<br><br>Tried changing channels on the Airport Express but couldn't find one after a couple of tries....you have to restart the Express then hope it stays connected after using the phone. Too dang hard.<br><br>We broke down and got (2) 5.8ghz phones. Uniden models from Target for $54 total. Now..no problems! <br><br>