Computer to Computer networks

Posted by: Anonymous

Computer to Computer networks - 12/13/04 06:49 PM

Does anyone know how to prevent an airport from connecting to computer to computer networks (aka peer to peer networks)?<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Computer to Computer networks - 12/13/04 07:07 PM

Give us a few more details. Is someone connecting to your network, or do you want your card to stop connecting to someone else's network?<br><br><br>

Re: Computer to Computer networks - 12/13/04 09:14 PM

I want to stop connecting other people's networks. I want it to connect to infastructure access points only. The problem is people's computers are relaying the network that I would like to connect to. <br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Computer to Computer networks - 12/14/04 07:11 AM

That's a tough one. My wife's iBook keeps trying to connect to a neighbour's network even though it is named differently than ours. I guess we're in the same boat.<br><br>
Posted by: rocrusso

Re: Computer to Computer networks - 12/14/04 02:23 PM

in Network Prefs, under the Airport tab, it gives you the option By Default Join: Automatic or a Specific Network<br><br>select Specific Network and choose the network you want it to join every time<br><br>

Re: Computer to Computer networks - 12/14/04 02:46 PM

I have tried that. the problem is that the comptuter to computer networks are broadcasting the same network name, and for some reason my computer is connecting to the computer to computer network instead of the access point. is there no function like in xp where you can tell the card to connect to access points only?<br><br>
Posted by: rocrusso

Re: Computer to Computer networks - 12/14/04 03:02 PM

ah<br><br>no i dont think there is a way because your computer views them as Wireless networks either way, it doesn't differentiate between Airport based wireless networks or Computer based wireless networks....<br><br><br><br>