cingular buys at&t wireless

Posted by: sean

cingular buys at&t wireless - 10/26/04 10:44 PM

cool. i couldn't get cingular in my area, but i can get at&t wireless. with the purchase earlier today, that means i can get cingular via at&t. i think i'll go look at phones tomorrow. and, the nationwide coverage for cingular after acquiring at&t means that cingular passes verizon as having the best coverage in the nation. i can finally get a bluetooth phone. <br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: cingular buys at&t wireless - 10/27/04 03:58 AM

I couldn't be happier with Cingular. I even have found the camera in the phone as a handy tool. I just quit T-Moblie...they offered me a free phone and a free month to stay but it was not worth it.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: cingular buys at&t wireless - 10/27/04 04:18 AM

And you can thankmeverymuch for that. One of the last projects I was involved in before leaving NYC was a huge customer retention push for ATT Wireless. The completion of the sale was contingent upon ATT Wireless stopping the hemoraging of it's customer base. If numbers dropped below a certain level, the buy would lose value and Cingular would be allowed to back out of the deal.<br><br>Talk a/b a direct marketing blitz! But I guess it worked. <br><br>I've been with ATTW since it before it was split off from the mothership— with no complaints — but I don't mind the upcoming change. And since Cingular is owned by BellSouth, It'll all be one happy family down here.<br><br>Can you hear me now? Good. <br><br>

Re: cingular buys at&t wireless - 10/27/04 06:25 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I've been with ATTW since it before it was split off from the mothership— with no complaints — but I don't mind the upcoming change. And since Cingular is owned by BellSouth, It'll all be one happy family down here.<p><hr></blockquote><p>it's a sad subject for me . . . sort of. i had some good luck in the stock market in the 90s (who didn't -- but, i picked yahoo and verisign and both performed extraordinarily well). well, my brother-in-law came looking to me for advice and i told him ATT W was can't miss. it was just about to go public (some time in 2000). my brother-in-law bought in a month or so later and the price was right around $20/share. the stock went up initially and he held on. the price then tanked for the next few years falling down close to nothing. he held on. the selling price was right around $15, so my reputation is somewhat salvaged, but i will never give advice again. <br><br>how could a huge telephone company like AT&T screw up with their wireless entry? damn them anyway! <br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: steveg

Re: cingular buys at&t wireless - 10/27/04 02:20 PM

After 7+ years of client meetings on that account, it became very easy to see how they could screw up. These people could blow a wet dream. <br><br>

Re: cingular buys at&t wireless - 10/27/04 04:17 PM

that's the kind of insider info. we should be getting on these forums. next time i have a bright idea, i'll ask if anyone here is in the know. <br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: Bryan

Re: cingular buys at&t wireless - 10/27/04 08:11 PM

I think AT&T will soon no longer exist as a company. <br><br>AT&T Wireless was AT&T in name only, AT&T sold their cable business awhile back, they've stopped seeking new long distance customers....not much left of the company, really. <br><br>