2 Airport base stations

Posted by: steveg

2 Airport base stations - 10/16/04 01:59 PM

I have 2 base stations. Can I use one as a booster for the other as you would with Airport Express?<br><br>TIA.<br><br>
Posted by: lspencer

Re: 2 Airport base stations - 10/16/04 05:23 PM

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=150764<br><br>Check this link. It might be what you are talking about.<br><br><br><br>Larry Spencer<br>My Desktop

Re: 2 Airport base stations - 10/16/04 08:12 PM

Looks like what I'm after. Thanks for the link. <br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: 2 Airport base stations - 10/18/04 10:26 AM

Yes. Configure the second one as a WDS and use it to join the network of the first one.. (I think WDS is the term)<br><br><br>

Re: 2 Airport base stations - 11/23/04 11:17 AM

Tried this last night. Setup seemd to go fine followed the instructions to the letter got the confirmation message. 4-bar signal all over the house, but no connection! Couldn't load a single page. Couldn't get email. Nada.Tried it 3 times with no luck. In fact it killed my whole network and I had to start from scratch with the setup util. <br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: 2 Airport base stations - 11/30/04 06:39 AM

Other than Airport Express, Apple just needs to get out of the wireless router business (or slash the price on them). A Belkin wireless router with four ethernet ports usually costs $20-30 after rebate and works with minimal configuration, and you can get 5-10 of them for the price of one Airport Base Station. Sheeesh.<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: 2 Airport base stations - 11/30/04 07:32 AM

The cheapy Belkins and Linksys are useless in schools and other institutions. The cheapies don't have remote authentication, power over ethernet, WDS, USB Rendezvous printing, and a few others. These features are very useful, just not so much to the home user.<br><br><br>

Re: 2 Airport base stations - 11/30/04 10:08 AM

Well, since I've had the 2 Apple base stations for almost 10 months...<br><br>The IT guy at my office is real familiar with this stuff, and I'm gonna ask him if he'll help me out. This stuff just makes my hair hurt. <br><br>