Wireless USB Network Printing

Posted by: Anonymous

Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/25/02 10:15 AM

Hi,<br><br>Not sure if I labled my "subject line" correctly, but I'm trying to figure out how to print (via airport) to a printer connected to another computer on my airport network. I tried using the "help" window, but no luck. <br><br>Is this something I should be able to do, and if so, how?<br><br>thanks!<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/25/02 10:21 AM

What OS are you running?<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/25/02 10:24 AM

Sorry!<br><br>I'm running 10.2.1, as are the other computers on the network. The printer is an Epson C60, and I believe that we have the most recent drivers installed. <br><br>

Re: Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/25/02 10:35 AM

Go into system prefs, click the sharing pane, turn on Printer sharing. That should work for you.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/25/02 10:57 AM

I've tried that, but every computer gets the same "communication error" message.<br><br>

Re: Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/25/02 11:15 AM

check the Firewall tab in sharing, make sure printer sharing is checked. Make sure drivers for the printer are installed on both machines<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/25/02 11:27 AM

I appreciate your help! Should Firewall be active or inactive?<br><br>

Re: Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/25/02 07:14 PM

You should have it checked (activated).<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/25/02 08:21 PM

Works! Thanks again.<br><br>

Re: Wireless USB Network Printing - 09/26/02 07:26 AM

Hey, that's great news! I was hoping it was something simple. Sometimes things don't work as advertised ya know. I haven't had any problems getting anything to work so far.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>