Snow Airport Trouble

Posted by: Anonymous

Snow Airport Trouble - 08/14/02 12:06 PM

I just moved to an island in Alaska and am giving up (temporarily, so I am told) my cable modem for old dial-up connections. Well, when it came time for me to pack my items, I found that I could not remove the Ethernet cable from the back of the Airport. No matter how hard I tried, it just will not come out. Any suggestions? <br><br>(while I am not using the cable modem, I would rather not have the wire just bundled up behind me, so leaving it connected is not an option)<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

Re: Snow Airport Trouble - 08/14/02 07:40 PM

At the risk of starting with the obvious, did you pinch the plastic clip to release the lock? Sorry if that is overly basic but it has been asked before. Otherwise, I'd push in the whole ethernet cable and then pinch the clip. Apple ethernet connectors are awfully tight and can require some fussing. Let me know if the ideas don't work. Good luck!<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Snow Airport Trouble - 08/14/02 08:02 PM

yeah, if you can't reach the little plastic clip, try using something fairly stiff and fairly small to try prying it out from under the lip that its getting stuck on...<br><br>pry and pull... go slowly and it'll come out...<br><br>then again... it won't hurt to just leave it in there if that's the only option you can get to work...<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: Snow Airport Trouble - 08/15/02 02:06 PM

Well, I did pinch the clip to try to get it out, but it did not work (but thanks for putting it so politely!).<br><br>I have tried pushing it all the way back in and pulling it out again, but no luck. <br><br>And to add insult to injury, the Ethernet cable itself is so distressed that I fear leaving it attached is no longer a possisbility.<br><br>Any other suggestions?<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Snow Airport Trouble - 08/15/02 10:25 PM

take it to an apple authorized repair man and get them to get it out... so that its covered if they break it (hopefully)...<br><br>and buy a new ethernet cable for future use...<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: Snow Airport Trouble - 08/19/02 11:06 PM

Ummm...that would be great, but I live on an island off the coast of Alaska....so the nearest Authorized dealer is about 700 miles away...<br><br>Thanks for the suggestion...any others?<br><br>