Dull wireless working now

Posted by: yoyo52

Dull wireless working now - 12/26/03 02:22 PM

Hey hey, I got the Dull to work on the wireless network!<br><br>What an incredibly difficult, bass-ackwards way of doing things, though <br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/27/03 06:33 AM

good news. next time buy a Mac for your son! <br><br>

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/27/03 08:06 AM

Well, he "needed" a PeeCee to play his games. What can I say.<br><br>And, I have to take back the subject line. It's not working again. The damned thing times out constantly. I'm giving up on it--so much for wireless bliss <br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/27/03 08:33 AM

I know, but PS2 is for games, isn't it? <br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iraszl on 12/27/03 11:37 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/27/03 08:34 AM

He hates gaming on game consoles. Believe me, I tried all the arguments.<br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/27/03 08:38 AM

It's ok, at least you have something to fix in your free time. <br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/27/03 09:59 AM

Just what I want <br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/27/03 03:20 PM

What speed is your router and what speed is your wireless card ? 802.11b 0r 802.11g<br>Did you let XP install the drivers for the card or did you install the drivers from CD.<br>Also if you installed from a CD were the drivers Digitaly Signed.<br>Check your Network Connection and see if there are two wireless devices Enabled.If you have two disable the one you dont want to use.<br>Also have you tried connecting to another game server.<br>That could be why you are timming out.<br><br>

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/27/03 09:19 PM

The router is 802.11g but the card is 802.11b. I've tried both ways of running the card, with the drivers from the CD and without the drivers from the CD. The best results so far have been without the drivers from the CD, depending entirely on Windows XP to set up the device. Nope, I don't have two wireless devices enabled. In fact, for a while I had only the single wireless device enabled, and ethernet disabled, and that seemed to work best (I had to figure out what bridging meant, and how to get the devices off the bridge, but I finally got that right, I think). I don't know what game server my son connects to, but I don't think that's it, Swatty. I've noticed that sometimes the connection seems to die off entirely--the taskbar icon (if that's what it is--it's the tiny icon on the right hand side of the taskbar) just shows that there's no connection to the router, even though the iBook sitting right next to the Dull is happily surfing away.<br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/28/03 05:44 AM

I seems you have things setup right.<br>I wonder if the card has problems ?<br>I bought a Wireless-g PCI card which was dead out of the box,come to find out the atenna was not making a good connection.<br>When playing around with it I could get it to connect but in time it would loose it's connection.<br>Take the card back and have them replace it.<br>But be forwarned when installing the card it may be best to remove the drivers before installing the card then let XP build the drivers again <br>Welcome to the World of wIndoWs<br><br>

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/28/03 10:46 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Welcome to the World of wIndoWs<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Thanks <br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/28/03 06:35 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Well, he "needed" a PeeCee to play his games. What can I say.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>Give him a mac, tell him to suck it up, and not to give into "the man". <br><br>UT 2003, Halo, and soon Doom 3... what else does he need? <br><br>

Re: Dull wireless working now - 12/28/03 06:40 PM

Tribes 2<br><br>It's all he plays now.<br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.