Dull wireless now

Posted by: yoyo52

Dull wireless now - 12/19/03 03:53 PM

after much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Why can't they do it as easily as Airport? <br><br>So all that's left now is the Airport card for the G4 tower. That should be here sometime next week.<br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.
Posted by: Michael

Re: Dull wireless now - 12/19/03 04:18 PM

Dude, you got a Dull? <br><br>

Re: Dull wireless now - 12/19/03 04:44 PM

My kid does, not me.<br><br>And we've got a problme (of course). The wireless connection seems to time out. Is there any way to keep it from doing that?<br><br>In fact, it timed out while I was typing this! <br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.

Re: Dull wireless now - 12/19/03 05:25 PM

Nope M$ is M$<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Dull wireless now - 12/19/03 05:42 PM

you made your post from the Dull??????<br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: Dull wireless now - 12/19/03 07:46 PM

The whole thing has become a nightmare. Somehow or other the wireless connection went kaput. Then the wired connection also went kaput. Both showed that they didn't have TCP/IP connections, even though the wireless router was "connected" to the Dull. I tried for about three hours to figure out how to have a TCP/IP addressed served to the stupid machine. Finally I disconnected the wireless adpater and rebuilt the wired connection. At least he can get on line now, which is essential to his gaming life <br><br>Meanwhile, I tried to reconnect the wireless adapter, but now XP tells me that it's not compatible and that it doesn't recommend installing the drivers. I try then to go to the adapter maker's web site to download the most recent drivers, and the site tells me that I can't do that. So now I'm downloading the drivers on my G4, hoping that I can move them to the Dull and see if they'll install.<br><br>I honestly can't believe that people use this OS!!<br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Dull wireless now - 12/19/03 08:16 PM

That was pretty good, but it was way too long. At one point I was thinking "make it stttoooooppppp"<br><br>

Re: Dull wireless now - 12/20/03 03:34 AM

I agree, and it looses its appeal when you realize it's just a commercial, but what the heck.<br><br>