How can I sync NUDC information to my iPhone or other device

Posted by: Mark Gilicinski

How can I sync NUDC information to my iPhone or other device - 02/26/09 01:28 PM

Now X can import Now Up-to-Date & Contact files and get them to Sync Services. The following steps are designed for someone who is actively using NUDC and wants to periodically update their device. Remember, any changes made on your end device (such as an iPhone) cannot go back directly to Now Up-to-Date & Contact.

These steps will remove all data from Address Book, iCal, and Now X and then re-import data from Now Up-to-Date & Contact.

• Step 1) Clear AddressBook. Go to Preferences and select the "Sync" panel. Click on the "Utilities" button and select "Clear AddressBook". Follow the prompts. This will close Address Book and place the AB database in your trash. Do not reopen Address Book until you have finished all steps.[/*:m]
  • Step 2) Clear iCal. Go to Preferences and select the "Sync" panel. Click on the "Utilities" button and select "Clear iCal". Follow the prompts. This will close iCal and place the iCal database in your trash. Do not reopen iCal until you have finished all steps.[/*:m]
  • Step 3) Reset Sync History. Go to Preferences and select the "Sync" panel. Click on the "Utilities" button and select "Reset Sync History". Follow the prompts. [/*:m]
  • Step 4) Clear the Now X database. Go to Preferences and selecting the "Database" panel and then the "Maintenance" tab. Click on the "Clear" button. Doing this will delete the current Now X database, so be sure this is the step you want to do.[/*:m]
  • Step 5) Import NUDC files. Follow the prompts on the welcome screens to import your Now Up-to-Date & Contact files (see related FAQ on the welcome screen process).[/*:m]
  • Step 6) Sync. Close the Preferences panel. Go to the File menu and select "Sync All" menu item under "Sync Now". You can monitor the sync by opening the Activity Panel (it is in the lower left corner of the main window).[/*:m]

Please note that occasionally the dialogs for the various scripts will appear behind other windows.

Please note that scripts that also perform most of these actions (Backup Address Book, Clear Address Book, Backup iCal, Clear iCal, and Reset Sync History) are located in the /Applications/Now X/Extras folder.