Unfortunately, this presentation is tomorrow.. I <br>can't make it because my class in boca runs until <br>6. It should be interesting and it's free. Tell <br>me about it if you go, I wish I could be there.<br><br>----------------------------------------------<br><br>Presentation September 24: How "Free" Trade <br>affects us all!<br><br> <br>WHY:<br>Many thousands of people will be coming to South<br>Florida for the Free Trade Area of the Americas <br>(FTAA) Ministerial in November. Be informed about <br>what the real issues are surrounding free trade <br>and how it will affect your budget, jobs, quality <br>of life, the environment, and wildlife <br>protections - then learn what you can do about it!<br><br>WHAT:<br>The FTAA is an expansion of NAFTA, which has cost <br>us tens of thousands of lost jobs in Florida, and <br>enabled many corporations to challenge <br>environmental standards throughout North America <br>as a "barrier to trade" in order to increase <br>investor profits. It creates a race to the bottom <br>in wages, working conditions, and environmental<br>standards.<br> <br> <br>WHEN: <br>September 24, 5-7pm.<br>A Short documentary will be shown shortly after <br>5pm, followed by a presentation. The documentary <br>will be shown again at 7pm for those who could <br>not arrive by 5pm.<br><br>WHERE:<br> Florida Atlantic University Davie Campus<br> Liberal Arts building, room 120.<br><br> HOW:<br> Directions from I-95:<br>> Take I-595 WEST/(I-95)/FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE - go <br>5.6<br>> mi <br>> Take the DAVIE RD/SR-84 WEST exit, exit #7 - go <br>0.3<br>> mi <br>> Turn Left on DAVIE RD/SW 64TH AVE - go 0.6 mi <br>> Turn Right on NOVA DR - go 0.4 mi <br>> Turn Left on COLLEGE AVE - go 0.3 mi <br>> Arrive at 2912 COLLEGE AVE, DAVIE <br>> Turn left into FAU, drive up to the first <br>building.<br>> Someone will be outside passing out free parking<br>> permits <br>> until 5:30pm.<br>> <br>> For further instructions, call 954-236-1000<br>> <br>> # # #<br>> <br>> Sponsored by FAU's<br>> Politics and International Affairs Society <br>(PIAS)<br>> and<br>> For Liberty and Justice For All.<br><br><br>